In this article, we’ll try to cover all the major problems that people are facing in the Hubsan X4 Model. We have also embedded one video in each section that you can watch and have more clarity about the problem. In case of any problem, don’t forget to let us know in the comments below, we’ll try to respond as soon as possible.
Hubsan X4 Calibration
This is the question that a lot of people are asking how to do the hubsan x4 calibration. If you are flying the drone for the first time, you have got your drone ready, the battery fully charged but before you take it off, you need to do the calibration. So, before you start calibrating your drone, make sure that there is no interference as such nearby like metallic thing, electric wire, and other obstacles. At least, there should not be any interference in five meters of range. So, let’s dive into the process step by step.
- Put the battery inside the drone and then make the wire connection. Once the connection is done, then you can turn on the remote controller where you’ll see the Compass Calibration option. Click on the “Calib Compass 1” option.
- After pressing the button, press the drone on the flat surface. Hold it in your hands and rotate it in clockwise. Keep on rotating until you get the prompt on the screen “Calib Compass 2”. Then again do the several rotations until you get the solid green.
- After doing this, you will able to see the live feed on the controller and ready to fly the drone. The process is almost the same for all the Hubsan X4 models.
Hubsan X4 Factory Reset
There are two ways of doing the factory reset. Either you can go with the hard reset with the help of joysticks. But, through the app one is better. In that, you have to go in settings, then security there you’ll have the factory reset option.
Hubsan x4 won’t start
There is also an issue regarding the drone power not switching ON. In that case, the drone won’t start. If the drone is not getting started, probably it has not binded with the controller. For more information, you can read the manual. Binding is simple, switch ON the drone and then the controller, then hold the throttle by bringing it down and hold it there till the lights become steady and then you can release the throttle. Now you are ready to fly the drone.
In case the quadcopter is gaining the little altitude but unable to take off, battery power could be low, you can recharge the battery and try once again. If after trying this also, the drone is not flying, you can let us know in the comments below; we’ll try to reply as soon as possible.
Hubsan x4 drifting problem
Hubsan users are also facing drifting problems with the drone as well. It might happen if propellers are not well fitted. So, what you can do in this case, press down the propellers, make sure at the same time, it’s not touching the base as well because that might lead to the added friction and slow down the little pace bit. You can also see the prop condition, cross check that they are neither broken nor bent. If still, you see that issue is not getting resolved, then there could be an issue with the motors.
You can also flick the props and can see if one stops earlier, it means that the motor might be faulty. You can go for the motor replacement which is readily available online at a lower price.
One propeller doesn’t spin or Spins slowly
This is also the issue that people are facing. If you see the issue from the very first flight, you can directly ask for the drone replacement by the company. In this case, you can do one of the following things, and this can probably resolve the issue.
- Firstly check the propeller installation on the drone. Make sure that props are neither very tight nor very loose on the motor. Adjust the propeller tightness and then try to fly the drone.
- Cross check whether the motor gear is well installed or not. If they aren’t, then install them, it might resolve the issue.
- If the motor is not even getting powered up, then check whether the motor cable is connected to the main engine or not.
- In case if the propellers are not spinning slowly, that could be a problem with gyro calibration. You can go with the binding again. Press the Enter and Power button at the same time till the time you see “Bind to Plane.” Press the button, and proper binding will be done.
- If still, things are not working properly. You can visit a local service center and get things done.
The camera does not work on new Hubsan H501S X4
Hubsan x4 fpv video problems are very common. If the camera is not working, there could be certain reasons for that. Most of the time, there is an issue with the SD card that you are using. You can reformat your SD Card to be Fat32. Also keep in mind that it should be at least Class 10, if it’s lower than that, you can still face the issue.
You can also change the settings and see whether it’s working fine or not. If still, it’s not working, there could be an issue with the camera.
Hubsan x4 motor problem
Sometimes, after a rough landing, motors might get dislodged, and you might see some motor issues. In that case, what you can do from your end is to check the prop guards and then you can also have a look at propellers. You can also uninstall them and install them again, that might resolve the issue.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Can i fly multiple quadcopters in the same area?
Yeah, you can fly multiple quads in the same area. As it uses 2.4Ghz frequency, there should not be any problem as such.
How’s the camera quality of the drone?
H107L doesn’t have a camera, for the camera you should go with H107C model which comes with a two-megapixel camera. So, don’t have too much expectation from the camera. It’s a beginner drone and only suitable for learning how to fly the drone.
What’s the default mode type of X4?
The default mode that you get with the drone is Mode 2 where the left stick will work as throttle and elevation and rudder will be done by the right stick. You can change the mode through settings option.
Is the transmitter of X4 compatible with other drones?
No, it’s not a universal controller. It would only be compatible with the hubsan x4.
How much capacity does X4 SD card support?
It supports up to 32GB. But, it should be at least class 10 and fat 32.
Is GPS available to X4?
Can I use the basic version transmitter to control advanced version drone?
I am thinking of buying my first drone under $25, is there any good drone at this price?
You can check out this drone. It is one of the best drones under $25.