Today we will talk about Vivitar Aeroview Drone. This HD Video capable quadcopter is loaded with plenty of features like waypoints mode, orbit mode, return to home, headless mode, auto take-off mode and follow me mode. You will be getting a large white color rectangular box during the time of delivery. It is recommended for 14+ age group according to the company, but 10 or 12 years old kids can also give it a try.
It is capable of flying up to 1000feet and up to 10 mins of flight time. The app that you will download to control the drone is supported to iOS and Android version both. The drone comes well packaged; all the different items are covered with Polystyrene thermacol to avoid any kind of possible damage during the delivery process.
Once you open the box, you will see the user manual and QR Code that you can scan and download the app. The quadcopter is available only in one color, so you would be getting a black color body with propellers in two different colors. There would be no camera and landing gear attached that you have to assemble by yourself.
You would be having two spare propellers, USB charger, and other cables as well. You would also be getting mobile device mount that will be attached to the transmitter. The mobile holder is big enough and probably all big size phones will fit there easily. The battery with the drone is of 7.4V & 2000mAh, and they also give you the 4 AA batteries for transmitter, that’s pretty good otherwise in other drones, you have to buy it separately.
There would be larger propeller guards as well that you can attach later on for the safety of drone. Then, you have HD Camera module that you can attach with the quad. What I really love that here, you would be getting different options of the camera module to choose to from. Either you can go for the camera gimbal with app tilt feature or manual tilt feature. Then, at last, you have the remote controller below the box which has solid build quality, black color and at the back side of the controller, you have this rugged surface to give you the better grip and hold of it. Below is the complete list of items that you would be getting with the package.
- Vivitar Aeroview Drone (1)
- Remote Controller (1)
- Spare Propellers (2)
- Camera Module (1)
- Propeller Guards (4)
- USB Charging Cable (1)
- Mobile Device Mount (1)
- AA Transmitter battery (4)
- 7.4V 2000mAh Drone battery (1)
- Landing Legs
- User Manual
Vivitar Aeroview Drone Review
In this section, we will talk about the different important aspects of the quadcopter that you should be aware of. We’ll cover build quality, camera specs, advanced features, and multiple modes. For this drone, you need to have the FAA Registration as it weighs around 650grams.
It looks like the DJI Phantom drone in black colour, but it is actually a SEMA x8 Variant or clone. It is build of good quality plastic which makes is strong and more durable. On top of the drone, Vivitar is written in Red. Here, you would be getting the brushed motors. You can easily snap in all the propeller guards, make sure they are fit properly; you have to apply little bit pressure as well for their perfect fit. At the bottom of the quadcopter, you have camera module which fits perfectly. It has dampeners to eliminate the shake during the flight. There is no memory card slot in the camera. Everything would be saved to your smartphone directly. The drone also has the GLONASS chip which allows it to capture the satellite connection very quickly.
What I really love about the camera mount that you can use the action camera mount over here which allows you to use the GoPro, Firefly or Vivitar action camera which gives you the better video quality. You can buy this Vivitar aeroview drone accessory separately. If you don’t want to use the action camera, then you can also go with the other options which fit flat at the bottom. But, for that, you have to strap it properly.
For installation of landing legs, you have to apply the two screws each. When it comes to LED lights, it has a very bright different color LEDs which help you to keep track of the front and back part of the drone.
Here, you would be getting blue color 7.4V 2000mAh battery which fits perfectly in the battery bay. Keep the battery away from the hot and wet atmosphere. It gets charged in one and a half hour and provides you the 10 mins of battery backup. There are a couple of things that you have to keep in mind regarding battery safety. Don’t overcharge it and in case you are using the different charger, make sure it has the same voltage and ampere reading. The battery, you would be getting over here is used by other drones as well. You also have a light indication on the USB Charger that lets you know that battery is charging. You can buy vivitar spare batteries over here.
The transmitter is large in size and well labeled. At the back, you can insert the four AA batteries. At the back side, you also have space where you can fix your fingers that provides you the better grip. There, also you find the buttons for auto take off and landing. On the left bottom, you have ON & Off button. Then you have left and right throttle, rotor button, headless mode button, home lock button, and speed rate button (30% to 100%). You can also do the emergency stop to the quadcopter in case required. It also has folding antennas which provide you the better connection. Then, you have a mobile device mount that you have, and then you can use. The mobile holder has the space for a large mobile device but not for tablet. It has 2.4Ghz controlling, and you get around 1000feet control.
Aeroview APP Control
The drone has around 80-100m of FPV range. The drone app has very easy navigation. On the upper left corner we have a home button then we have all the information about GPS, height, a number of satellites and much more. You can also change the joystick settings and set it at your disposal (Not recommended for beginners). App also has map setting, invert camera option and others. In the left side, you can use the advanced GPS feature like Waypoint in which you can set the multiple points and drone will follow the path precisely.
You can also enable virtual control if you want to operate through mobile. At the bottom of the screen, you see the gallery option where images and videos will be saved.
Multiple Advanced Modes
You get multiple advanced modes with the drone that takes the flying experience to the completely new level. So, let’s dive into all of these modes one by one.
- Follow Me Mode: The drone is also capable of doing the follow Me Mode. It helps you to keep the moving object in the frame, and you get very cool footage out of it. Keep in mind the subject should not move very fast. If you want the stable footage, then the subject should have continuous stable motion. Make sure, when you are using this mode, there is no hurdle on the way. Otherwise, you will end up crashing it. It will take some time to master this mode, so spend some and don’t start using it from very first flight until or unless you are a very good pilot.
- Return to Home: The drone also has a return to a home which allows you to bring back the quadcopter back home with the click of single button. This is driven by GPS, so landing is very precise and accurate. This feature allows you to bring back the drone when it goes out of sight, or lose connection, in that case, you don’t know what to do. So, this will help you a lot.
- Headless Mode: If you are flying the drone for the first time then this mode will help you a lot. Because, in this case, you don’t have to worry about the orientation. You can operate the drone with the same controlling no matter what direction the drone is facing.
- Orbit Mode: This is a very cool mode that drone is capable of doing. This mode allows you to rotate the quadcopter around the subject and you get a perfect dronie shot. Before using this mode, you have to enter several parameters like radius, height and speed and drone will start hovering around the subject giving you the perfect unique video.
- Waypoints Mode: This is a highly advanced mode in which you set the path of the route, and then drone follows the whole path precisely. This mode allows you to add a different perspective to your footage and used by many professional filmmakers.
The drone has very good flight performance. It takes off very quickly, and strong motors give you the better lift. In the GPS Lock Mode, it will hover at the same position. It is very responsive to the controller. At full speed, it flies very fast, so if you are a beginner, I would recommend you to fly it at 30%. Orbit Mode is also very precise, with a click of a single button, it will start hovering around the subject. Though drone footage is not that impressive, but if you are a beginner, then it will fulfill your needs.
How far Vivitar Aeroview Drone can fly
How to fly & App Setup Instructions Tutorial
Setting the drone is very straight forward. Once the drone has fully charged battery inserted and also in transmitter then follow the below instructions.
- Turn On the quadcopter buy switching on the button at the bottom of it.
- Once you turn it ON, you will see the lights in the quad will start blinking.
- Then turn ON the transmitter as well.
- For the binding, you need to move the left throttle stick up and down. Once that is done, you will see the solid LED lights.
- Once the connection is done, you need to do the calibration. For Gyro Calibration, you need to move both the sticks to the left, and you will see the light blinking.
- Once the Gyro calibrated, you need to calibrate the GPS Compass that you can do by simply pushing the button at right side corner.
- While doing the compass calibration, rotate the drone on its axis couple of time keeping it at the same position till Red lights go solid. Then face the quadcopter downwards till blue lights go solid and then put the drone on the ground and it will go green.
- It has a perfect GPS System because of GLONASS chip which allows you to achieve home lock very quickly.
- Now, open the WIFI and make the connection with the Vivitar Aeroview App. Then launch the app.
- In the left corner, you will see the help icon that will help you with the app instruction. Click on the start button, and then you have the live feed.
- You can also contact vivitar support for more information.
|Vivitar Aeroview Drone||Specifications|
|Dimensions||16.00 x 16.25 x 6.00 Inches|
|Charging Time||1 hour|
Watch the Video till End
BETTER & AFFORDABLE ALTERNATIVES (RECOMMENDED)
When it comes to the flight performance of the drone, it’s fantastic. It has a solid build quality and good aesthetic look. Though, Vivitar aeroview drone camera specs are not good, but drone flight experience is fantastic. I would recommend buying some extra battery so that you can have consecutive flights as they are available at cheaper rate. In case you face any problem, you can call Vivitar aeroview drone customer service number. I would say this is one of the best beginner’s drone as well as it is available at quite an affordable price. If you are looking for alternatives, then below are some of Amazon bestseller drones.