Recently, this drone has been creating a lot of buzz in the UAV industry. This beginner drone has actually revolutionized the entry-level drone industry by bringing a quadcopter loaded with lots of advanced features at such an affordable rate. You can use the drone for taking some amazing selfies from the air — selfie Drone itself emerging as a huge industry. People no longer want to stretch their arms to click a picture, instead, now they want something new, something from a different perspective.
This is a compact size foldable drone and has received a lot of popularity online. The features that you are getting with this drone comes at the drones which cost thousands of dollars. The drone is designed by two German Engineers who found that high-end drones were not that portable and users wanted something lightweight and compact. That’s how the idea of this ultra-compact drone came to reality.
It has really good quality build quality. The drone is very easy to use, and it costs less than $100. There are very few drones in the market which has the same features at this price range. The drone is so small in size that it can easily come in your small backpack. Its rotors are foldable and make it super portable. If you travel a lot, then it could be a perfect companion for you.
Controlling of the quadcopter is pretty smooth and it has good hovering capabilities as well. The drone is so easy to fly that you can focus more on framing and composition of shot that gives you the freedom to create some cinematic content. The ABS Plastic is used in the drone which makes it lightweight and durable as well. The quadcopter can easily survive minor crashes.
It’s not ready to fly a quadcopter, you’ll have to do little bit assembly as well. First, you need to charge the battery the propeller installation is required. For more information, you can read the manual as well. Below are the items that you would be getting with the package.
- 1 x Drone
- 1 x Battery
- 4 x Spare Propellers
- 1 x Propeller Puller
- 1 x USB Cable
- 1 x English Manual
- 1 x Storage Bag
Drone x Pro Review
In this section, we’ll talk about the different essential aspects of the drone. It will cover the build quality, different flight modes, camera & battery features and other important factors as well.
Ease of Use
This is the forte of the drone. The quadcopter is built keeping beginners into the mind. You can easily set up the drone in 5-10mins. To download the app, you can scan the QR Code.
The controlling is very easy and intuitive. Like other beginner’s drone, here you don’t have to worry much about the flight which allows you to focus more on shot framing and composition to click some amazing pictures.
Flight & Camera Modes
The quadcopter has various flight and camera modes which allow you to take your photography game to the next level. Advanced flight modes make things safer and eliminate the possibility of any crash. So, let’s dive into some of the flight modes one by one.
- Manual flight mode: This is the first flight mode that you can go for. It is recommended for skilled pilots where you take full control of the drone instead it taking autonomous control of itself.
- Safe mode: This will give the drone, an autonomous control. If you are a beginner, then this flight mode is recommended for you. In this mode, the chances of crash decrease significantly and the drone comes back to place from where it took off. (Though, don’t depend it on too much, you might also need to do manual manoeuvring as well)
- Altitude hold: Its altitude hold is exact and accurate which keeps the drone fixated at the same height. Altitude hold is very helpful in clicking the buttery smooth pictures, free from jelly effect.
- Gravity Sense Control: This is a really cool feature and adds fun to the flight. Here, instead of controlling the drone through the app in your phone, you control the drone with smartphone movement. The gravity sensor control mimics the way you move your smartphone. Use this feature slowly, if you are trying it for the first time, try it in open ground because here a small movement in phone position will bring big movement in quadcopter position.
- Headless Mode: This is also a very helpful mode for the beginners, here you don’t have to worry about the orientation of the drone which makes the controlling very easy. No matter, at which direction the drone is facing, left will take drone left, and right will move it right.
- One Key Landing & Take Off: Take off, and landing is very tricky if you are flying the drone for the first time. Better, let the drone take care of it. So, if you are not very good at it, press the auto button and drone will take care of everything by itself. Make sure the surface should be flat, and it’s not windy when you are using the auto landing.
- Slo-mo Mode: You can also use the slo-mo mode to replay the highlights in lower frame rates. This adds a cinematic touch to the videos, and you can see your footage from a different perspective.
- Panorama Mode: When you want to capture 360-degree photos from the air, this mode is the one that you should use. This adds a completely different perspective, and you will take some time to master it.
You get 3.7V 500mAh lithium-ion battery with the drone. The flight duration that you get is up to 10mins. It also has the JST connector as well. The battery takes around one hour to get fully charged. The battery size is 7 x 2 x 1.8cm, and it weighs only 22g. There are a few things that you have to keep in mind regarding battery safety. Use the charger that you get with the kit, if you are using the different charger then make sure it has the same voltage and ampere reading. Also, don’t keep the battery at a very hot and cold place; the temperature should be moderate.
It has pretty decent build quality. It works with WIFI Connection like most of the other drones. It also has LED lights which allows you to fly the drone in low light condition as well. The quadcopter is very small in size, and you can easily fit in your backpack, the propellers are foldable, you can also remove them if you want. Good Quality ABS plastic is used. It comes only in black color, so you won’t be having many color choices to choose from. This is a BNF (Bind and Fly) drone and recommended for the 14+ age group.
Pros & cons
- The quadcopter is very easy to use and suitable for beginners as it also comes at a very affordable rate.
- It has a wide angle camera which allows you to capture some cinematic shots. If you have good landscape at the background, you will have some cool shots.
- The drone is very small, lightweight and you can easily carry it around from one place to another.
- There are multiple flights, camera and speed modes that you can choose from which makes the drone suitable for beginners to experienced pilots.
- Though it has loads of features, still, there are a few modes in which you won’t find that accuracy and precision.
- The flight range and battery time are not pretty good which are a bit turn down for the users.
- Don’t expect the good quality pictures and videos in low light conditions. At starting, you might struggle to get shake-free pictures.
- It is not suitable for windy situations. If it’s windy, then it’s not recommended to fly at all.
|Battery Charging||1 hour|
|Battery Backup||up to 10mins|
The drone has received really good rating online. It has some advanced features which make is stand out of the crowd. It is available at a discounted price online. You can buy it from various online e-commerce websites. If you are looking for some other alternatives, then you can check the below mentioned options. In case you have any doubt, don’t forget to let us know in the comments, we’ll try to respond as soon as possible.