The Eachine E511S is one of the advanced Eachine drones in 2020. It has brushed motors, solid build quality and has some advanced features as well. This Eachine Model gives you a stable flight because of its GPS and barometer assistance. There are three different versions of Eachine E511S that you can go for.
- Basic Eachine E511S Version (720p+2.4G)
- Intermediate Eachine E511S Version (1080p+2.4G)
- Advanced Eachine E511S Version (1080p+5G)
So, you can choose accordingly. As, you move from the basic version to the advanced version, the price will change, so do the features. So, you can buy the one that suits your requirement. The design of the quadcopter is inspired by DJI drones. It has foldable arms that makes it super compact and you can easily carry it without any glitch. The remote controller is also very nice and sturdy, and the UAV is quick and responsive to it. To use its full feature, you have to download the Eachine App from playstore which support Android and iOS both.
When it comes to the drone features, the list is unending. It has Return to Home, Orbit Mode, Route Presetting, Follow Me Mode and others. To get the drone, you need to spend around $100 which is actually worth its investment considering all of its advanced features.
If you are buying the 1080P Version with 2.4G Wifi link, the connection with drone is done easily without the need of a password. The company recommends the drone calibration before every flight for the better precision of GPS. The Eachine E511S calibration can be easily done through the left arrow button, or you can use the settings option in the mobile app. In case, you are facing the problem; you can visit Eachine official website and read the manual. Once the calibration process is done, the blinking lights will turn solid.
The Eachine E511S FPV drone has received excellent ratings online because of its fantastic quality and smooth flight experience. It’s quite rare to see a drone with such an excellent stable flight at this price range. You can choose among the different available speed modes and fly the drone at your disposal. Though it has GPS but it doesn’t have EIS, so in a windy situation, you might see a little bit to and fro movement in your footage. The drone also has very good battery backup which allows you to have longer flight experience without a glitch.
The Eachine E511S is a suitable drone for beginners. It has all the advanced features that you will get in thousands of dollars DJI Drones. The multiple camera options give you more flexibility. Below is the list of items that you would be getting with the package.
- Eachine E511S (1)
- Proprietary 1200mAh 2S LiPo Battery (2)
- USB charging cable (1)
- Spare props (2)
- Prop guard (4)
- Transmitter (1)
- Screwdriver (1)
- Instruction manual
Eachine E511S Review
In this section, we will talk about the different essential aspects of the drone. These are the features that make this drone worth buying. So, let’s dive into all of the features one by one.
1- Build Quality:
When it comes to the build quality of the drone. It is pretty good. The company claims that the quadcopter is made up of resistant engineered and high strength plastic that makes it more durable. The drone can easily survive minor crashes. It has foldable arms which makes the drone more compact. The drone is also suitable for backpacking and traveling purposes. Though in terms of color choices, you won’t be having many options over here, but the one you get looks pretty dope as the design seems to be inspired by DJI drones. The looks classy and reminds you of the feel of the high-end drone. The company also provides you the spare propellers, in case you break any, they are easy to replace.
2- Remote Controller:
The remote controller of the quadcopter also has a good quality build. Its antennas are foldable, and phone holder is retractable. It requires 3 AA size batteries to get the power. All the buttons are in your reach; you don’t need to strain your fingers while operating the controller. There is a total of six buttons in total. Right side buttons are used for takeoff and landing. You will also get two shoulder buttons on each side which you can use to perform the advanced modes that include RTH, flips and switching the speed.
3- Camera Options:
What I really about the drone that it gives you the room for customization. You can choose the camera according to your needs. You can either go with a 720P camera or 1080P camera. The camera also has the servo which allows you to change the angle with the Eachine App only. Keep in mind the price will vary as the move from basic to advanced version. If having good quality footage is your priority then you should go with the advanced version only.
4- FPV Function:
Here, you would be getting real-time transmission of the camera which will help you in seeing the things from drone’s perspective. First person view is needed when you are flying your first drone. Apart from drone handling, you will also understand a lot of camera handling as well. It will help you in shot and frame composition. Don’t try to fly the drone, out of the range; you might see some glitch in real-time transmission. Keep in mind, that FPV range of the drone is lesser than its flight range.
5- 6 Axis Gyro & GPS:
The Eachine E511S is known for its amazing stability. It happens because of its six axis gyro feature and geopositioning system. When you are using the RTH, it will return to its original position precisely. If you are using the altitude hold, you will the drone will accurately hover at the same position. The same accuracy you will see, even when you are using route presetting option.
7- Battery Backup:
With the drone, you would be getting 3.7V 1200mAh battery which gets fully charged in 70-80 mins. Once the battery is fully charged, you get around 16 mins of flight duration that is really remarkable. There are a couple of things that you have to keep in mind regarding battery safety. Don’t overcharge the battery. In case, you are using the different charger, make sure you are having the one with the same voltage and ampere reading.
8- Multiple Modes:
What I really love about this drone that it comes with multiple modes that allow you to take the flight experience to the new level. Let’s dive into all of those features one by one.
- Three Speed levels: You can fly the drone in three-speed modes that allows you to choose the speed at your disposal. If you are a beginner and never flown the drone before, it’s recommended to start from low speed, and you can gradually increase the speed as you become good at flying. The flips experience would also vary in different flight modes, so make sure you only try them once you are good at drone flying. You don’t want your drone to hit the ground while doing it.
- Altitude Hold: The quadcopter also has altitude hold mode which allows you to have stable flight experience. It will allow you to capture video and images free from shake effect. What I really appreciate, that here the altitude hold is exact and accurate. To use this feature, you don’t need to need anything. Just leave the throttle, it will hover wherever it is.
- Headless Mode: You can also fly the drone in headless mode. This mode makes controlling more easy and comfortable. In that case, you need not worry about the nose and tail of the quadcopter. Here, you can operate the drone with the same controlling no matter at what direction; it is facing.
- 360 Degree Flips: The quadcopter is also capable of doing 360 flips which adds fun to your flight experience. The flips can be done with the help of a single button. Make sure, when you are doing the flips the drone is at a suitable height. Otherwise, it might crash on the ground. Also, keep in mind, the different speed mode will allow flips at a different speed.
- Return to Home: The drone also has an RTH feature which helps you in bringing back drone in case you lose it out of sight. You can just click the shoulder button, and it would reach back from where it started. Before taking off the quadcopter, keep in mind, that home location is recorded.
- Orbit Mode: The quadcopter also boasts about its orbit mode which allows the drone to orbit around the subject. This is one of the best dronie shot that you can take and take your videography experience to the new level.
- Path Presetting: You can also preset the route in the drone, and it will follow the path exactly and precisely. This mode will take some time to master. I would recommend reading the manual properly before you start performing it.
There are also some cool drones in the market that you can try. We have Aqua Robotman, A drone that swims under the water. It takes underwater photography to the next level and also helps you in fishing as well. If you love weapons then there is also one Drone that can be launched through Grenade Launcher.
Dynamic Follow Mode | Interesting Footage
Eachine E511S Pros & Cons
In this section, we will brief you about the pros and cons of the drone. You can have a look at both the advantage and disadvantage of the quadcopter and decide whether it matches your requirement or not.
- It’s a very affordable GPS quadcopter. It’s very difficult to find the drone at this range with this precision and accuracy.
- You also get multiple camera options to choose from. Either you can go for 720P or 1080P. There are very few drones which provides you this much room for customization.
- It has a 120-degree field of view. The real-time transmission range is around 100meters which is pretty good.
- You can also control the gimbal through the app during flight and set the perfect composition.
- The quadcopter has excellent build quality. It can easily survive regular crashes. It also has foldable blades that makes it super compact. You can carry it while traveling.
- Though, Company claims that it has up to 16 mins of flight duration. But, some users said that the battery drains out after 10mins.
- It only provides you one axis gimbal movement which doesn’t give you much freedom in terms of frame composition.
- The arms of the drone also have a vibration which leads to shaking to the drone image and videos.
- There are some good holy stone drones available at the same price range that you can check at the bottom of the post.
|Motor||1020 Coreless Motor|
|FOV||120° Wide Angle|
|Camera Optional||720P / 1080P / 5G WiFi 1080P|
Watch the Video till End
BETTER & AFFORDABLE ALTERNATIVES (RECOMMENDED)
The quadcopter is easy to fly and suitable for beginners and kids. The camera quality of the drone is pretty good, build quality is also decent and at the same time, it is also affordable. There are also some good alternatives in the market that you can check below. I would recommend checking Holystone and MJX Bugs drone, then you compare and decide which one is the best for you. In case you have any doubt, you can let us know in the comments below. We’ll try to respond as soon as possible.
There has been a lot of advancements happening in the drone industry. Now, you have an Iron Man Drone and A Drone Rocket Launcher as well. We hope in upcoming years, a lot of diversification will happen and drone industry will touch completely new heights.