The Eachine E511S was one of the advanced Eachine drones in 2020. It has brushed motors, solid build quality, and some advanced features.
This Eachine Model gives you a stable flight because of its GPS and barometer assistance. There are three different versions of Eachine E511S that you can go for.
- Basic Eachine E511S Version (720p+2.4G)
- Intermediate Eachine E511S Version (1080p+2.4G)
- Advanced Eachine E511S Version (1080p+5G)
So, you can choose accordingly. As you move from the basic version to the advanced version, the price will change, so do the features. So, you can buy the one that suits your requirement.
DJI drones inspire the design of the quadcopter. It has foldable arms that make it super compact, and you can easily carry it without any glitch.
The remote controller is also very nice and sturdy, and the UAV is quick and responsive to it. To use its full feature, you have to download the Eachine App from the play store, which supports Android and iOS.
When it comes to the drone features, the list is unending. It has Return to Home, Orbit Mode, Route Presetting, Follow Me Mode, and others.
To get the drone, you need to spend around $100, which is worth its investment considering all of its advanced features.
If you buy the 1080P Version with a 2.4G Wifi link, the connection with a drone is done easily without a password. The company recommends drone calibration before every flight for the better precision of GPS.
The Eachine E511S calibration can be easily done through the left arrow button, or you can use the settings option in the mobile app.
If you face a problem, you can visit Eachine’s official website and read the manual. Once the calibration process is done, the blinking lights will turn solid.
The Eachine E511S FPV drone has received excellent ratings online because of its fantastic quality and smooth flight experience. It’s quite rare to see a drone with such an excellent stable flight at this price range.
You can choose among the different available speed modes and fly the drone at your disposal. Though it has GPS, it doesn’t have EIS, so in a windy situation, you might see a little too and fro movement in your footage.
The drone also has a very good battery backup, allowing you to have a longer flight experience without a glitch.
The Eachine E511S is a suitable drone for beginners. It has all the advanced features you will get in thousands of dollars DJI Drones. The multiple camera options give you more flexibility. Below is the list of items you would be getting with the package.
- Eachine E511S (1)
- Proprietary 1200mAh 2S LiPo Battery (2)
- USB charging cable (1)
- Spare props (2)
- Prop guard (4)
- Transmitter (1)
- Screwdriver (1)
- Instruction manual
Eachine E511S Review
This section will talk about the different essential aspects of the drone. These are the features that make this drone worth buying. So, let’s dive into all of the features one by one.
1- Build Quality:
When it comes to the build quality of the drone, it is pretty good. The company claims that the quadcopter is made of resistant engineered and high-strength plastic, making it more durable.
The drone can easily survive minor crashes. It has foldable arms, which makes the drone more compact. The drone is also suitable for backpacking and traveling purposes.
Though you won’t have many options over here in terms of color choices, the one you get looks pretty dope as the design seems to be inspired by DJI drones.
The looks classy and reminds you of the feel of the high-end drone. The company also provides you the spare propellers, in case you break any, they are easy to replace.
2- Remote Controller:
The remote controller of the quadcopter also has a good quality build. Its antennas are foldable, and the phone holder is retractable. It requires 3 AA-size batteries to get the power.
All the buttons are in your reach; you don’t need to strain your fingers while operating the controller. There is a total of six buttons in total. Right side buttons are used for takeoff and landing.
You will also get two shoulder buttons on each side which you can use to perform the advanced modes that include RTH, flips, and switching the speed.
3- Camera Options:
What I like about the drone because it gives you room for customization. You can choose the camera according to your needs. You can either go with a 720P camera or a 1080P camera.
The camera also has a servo, allowing you to change the angle with the Eachine App. Keep in mind the price will vary as the move from basic to the advanced Version.
If good quality footage is your priority, you should go with the advanced Version only.
4- FPV Function:
Here, you would be getting real-time transmission of the camera, which will help you see things from the drone’s perspective. A first-person view is needed when you are flying your first drone.
Apart from drone handling, you will also understand a lot of camera handling. It will help you in shot and frame composition.
Don’t try to fly the drone out of the range; you might see some glitch in real-time transmission. Keep in mind that the FPV range of the drone is lesser than its flight range. You can download the Eachine E511S User Manual from here.
5- 6 Axis Gyro & GPS:
The Eachine E511S is known for its amazing stability. It happens because of its six-axis gyro feature and geopositioning system.
When using the RTH, it will return to its original position precisely. If you are using the altitude hold, the drone will accurately hover at the same position.
The same accuracy you will see, even when using the route presetting option.
7- Battery Backup:
With the drone, you would be getting a 3.7V 1200mAh battery which gets fully charged in 70-80 mins. Once the battery is fully charged, you get around 16 mins of remarkable flight duration.
There are a couple of things that you have to keep in mind regarding battery safety. Don’t overcharge the battery.
If you are using a different charger, make sure you have the one with the same voltage and ampere reading. You can buy the spare batteries over here.
8- Multiple Modes:
What I love about this drone is that it comes with multiple modes that allow you to take the flight experience to a new level. Let’s dive into all of those features one by one.
- Three Speed levels: You can fly the drone in three-speed modes that allow you to choose the speed at your disposal. If you are a beginner and have never flown a drone before, it’s recommended to start from low speed, and you can gradually increase the speed as you become good at flying. The flips experience would also vary in different flight modes, so make sure you only try them once you are good at drone flying. You don’t want your drone to hit the ground while doing it.
- Altitude Hold: The quadcopter also has altitude hold mode, which allows you to have a stable flight experience. It will allow you to capture video and images free from the shake effect. What I appreciate, that here the altitude hold is exact and accurate. To use this feature, you don’t need to need anything. Just leave the throttle. It will hover wherever it is.
- Headless Mode: You can also fly the drone in headless mode. This mode makes controlling more easy and comfortable. In that case, you need not worry about the nose and tail of the quadcopter. Here, you can operate the drone with the same controlling no matter what direction; it is facing.
- 360 Degree Flips: The quadcopter can do 360 flips, which adds fun to your flight experience. The flips can be done with the help of a single button. When doing the flips, the drone is at a suitable height. Otherwise, it might crash on the ground. Also, keep in mind that the different speed modes will allow flips at different speeds.
- Return to Home: The drone also has an RTH feature that helps you bring back the drone in case you lose it out of sight. You can click the shoulder button to reach back from where it started. Before taking off the quadcopter, keep in mind that the home location is recorded.
- Orbit Mode: The quadcopter also boasts about its orbit mode, which allows the drone to orbit around the subject. This is one of the best dronie shots you can take and take your videography experience to a new level.
- Path Presetting: You can also preset the route in the drone, and it will follow the path exactly and precisely. This mode will take some time to master. I would recommend reading the manual properly before you start performing it.
There are also some cool drones in the market that you can try. We have Aqua Robotman, A drone that swims under the water. It takes underwater photography to the next level and also helps you in fishing as well.
If you love weapons, there is also one Drone that can be launched through Grenade Launcher.
Dynamic Follow Mode | Interesting Footage
Eachine E511S Pros & Cons
In this section, we will brief you about the pros and cons of the drone. You can have a look at both the advantage and disadvantages of the quadcopter and decide whether it matches your requirement or not.
|Motor||1020 Coreless Motor|
|FOV||120° Wide Angle|
|Camera Optional||720P / 1080P / 5G WiFi 1080P|
Eachine E511S Video Review
The quadcopter is easy to fly and suitable for beginners and kids. The camera quality of the drone is pretty good, the build quality is also decent, and at the same time, it is also affordable.
There are also some good alternatives in the market that you can check below.
I would recommend checking Holystone and JMX Bugs drone, then comparing and deciding which one is the best for you. If you have any doubt, you can let us know in the comments below.
We’ll try to respond as soon as possible.
We hope in upcoming years, a lot of diversification will happen, and the drone industry will touch completely new heights.
Top 10 Trending Drones