When it comes to drones, DJI no doubt is the most dominating company. But, one company that made drones accessible to everyone by making some of the most inexpensive high-end drones is Holy Stone. Holy Stone the quadcopter industry and made drone affordable to the common people. Every single drone that they made got more than four user rating out of 5. Their drones are super popular among beginners because they are very cheap in rate and easy to use.
The company got founded four years back in 2014. According to the top company official, their employees work super hard to bring innovative advanced products in the market. They sell products all over the world. Some of the countries are Japan, EU countries, the USA, Germany, France, Italy, Russia, the Middle East, and India as well. Holy Stone is known for its brand value and its excellent customer service. The company makes drones primarily in three categories that include Big, Medium and Mini Size that we will discuss later on in detail. Their most inexpensive product start around $30 and goes till $1000.
The company makes some toy drones as well which are super cheap, and you can buy them for fun as well. However, you are a professional then they also have advanced drones with innovative technology. Some of the drones are top notch and better than DJI products as well. Hats off to Holy Stone R&D Team.
Holy Stone is committed to making high quality with advanced feature drones which are easy to use for beginners, intermediate and professional users. The company believes that flying their drones is as simple as walking. To achieve these remarkable goals, they have research partnerships with Japan and U.S. This strategic partnership help the company in making innovative drones. The company also makes sure that apart from making a high-quality product, they also satisfy their customers in sales, shipping and customer service. For more information, you can visit their official website and call their toll-free number; they are quick to respond because they believe in full customer satisfaction. Below are three different categories of drones that the company makes; Big, Medium and Mini drone category.
Big HolyStone Drones
1- Holy Stone HS700
HS700 comes in two colors; white and black. The drone comes with heavy 2800mAh battery gives it around 20 minutes of flight time that is remarkable. The drone looks and good and has decent build quality as well. The quadcopter comes with brushless motors that make it very quiet so that your neighbours don’t get annoyed by the buzzing sound.
The drone is also very easy to use as it comes with the simple controlling system. You can land and take it off with a single button. The flight is very stable and smooth that allows good altitude hold. If you are a beginner, then it also has a headless mode that makes the flying experience easier. Below are some of the important aspects of the drone that you should know.
- The drone comes with 1080 5G HD Camera with a 110-degree field of view. You can have HD transmission to 1300feet. You can also capture some cool panoramic moments with this. It is also compatible with GoPro 2, 3 and 4.
- It has an exact return to home feature. Its GPS Assisted Flight system allows you to bring the drone back even when the signal is lost. You can also try creative modes like orbit and FOP.
- The drone weighs around 600grams. You need to go with FAA registration. Its dimensions are 8.66*8.66* 6.10inches.
- With the product, you get 1 Drone, transmitter, TF Card, Battery, Battery charging bag, 8 Props, and landing gear.
2- Holy Stone HS100G
This one comes only in black color and one of the most popular holy stone drone. It also comes with the fail-safe mode which enables drone to return to home in case the signal gets lost, or battery is low. It is easy to fly like other holy stone drones; it has altitude hold, headless mode and one key take off and landing feature. If you are a kid or learning the drone, then it could be a good choice for you. HS100G also comes with 15 minutes of flight duration that is good enough to click some great pictures and videos.
- It also has some intelligent modes like follow me mode that adds more creativity and help you in adding a new perspective. You can also click some great selfies with this
- It has a 1080P camera with 120° FOV, and you can also adjust the angle up to 90 degrees. Its 5G transmission provides you glitch free live feed when the drone is thousands of feet away from the controller.
- You have to install the app for its proper functioning which is supported to Android and iOS both. It runs on 2.4GHz frequency. The drone dimensions are 13.7 x 13.5 x 7.7 inches, and it is recommended for 14+ years.
3- Holy Stone HS100
HS100 comes in two colors; the first one is black and the second one is red. It has some advanced features that make it popular among intermediate level users. It has a 5G wifi camera with 1080P Quality. It has wide 120-degree FOV that is helpful when shooting beautiful landscapes. You can also experiment with different features like altitude hold and follow me. Below are some of the important features of HS100 that you should be aware of.
- The drone gives you a smooth and stable flight. You can fly it up to 15 minutes. You will get the LED indicator once the battery is low.
- You get three months of warranty with all Holy Stone products, that’s not very great. But, if you face any problem within the warranty period, they are quick to respond.
- You can shoot some video with this drone. Tilt the camera up to 90 degrees to add more cinematic effect.
Medium Size Drones
1- Holy Stone HS200
This drone has got quite a popularity among intermediate level flyers. It also has a headless mode like most other holy stone drones which is helpful for beginners. One Key Return to Home feature makes it more unique which could save your drone when the signal gets lost, or battery gets low. The drone is not very bulky; it can easily fit in your bag. It comes with six-axis gyro as well with 2.4Ghz frequency transmission which gives better stability and glitch-free live feed. The stability of the drone helps you in taking pictures without jelly effect. It also has a feature like 360 flip that takes fun at next level.
- It comes with 2MP Camera; you can set the composition of a shot by checking the live feed from your smartphone. It supports both Android and iOS as well.
- If you want the drone to hover at one place, release the throttle, and it will stay wherever it is.
- It also has a unique feature called a gravity sensor that allows the drone in the direction in which you move your smartphone. This you can do by syncing the app with the drone.
- The drone is not very good in the windy situation, so it’s recommended by the company to fly it in minimum wind condition for better stability. Please do the gyro calibration before every flight.
- With the product, you would be getting four extra propellers, charger, battery, and other components. It weighs around 108gram, so need for FAA registration.
2- Holy Stone HS200D
HS200D come in two colors that include black and red. The quadcopter design is sleek and very stylish. It comes with a 720-pixel camera with a 120-degree field of view. It also has FPV mode; you can wear the VR glasses if you want more immersive flying experience. This one also comes with gravity sensor which makes this drone stand out of the crowd.
It also has good altitude hold which is good for beginners and also helps in taking focused pictures. It also has a single button take off and landing that makes the most crucial part very simple and easy. Below are some of the important features of Holy Stone HS200D.
- If you are a beginner and you want an affordable drone with which you can do some fun, then nothing is better than HS200D. Do some cool flips with a single button press.
- The drone is very responsive, so handle it with care. You can adjust the different speed modes from low to high at your disposal.
- It has LED indicators as well which gives you battery low alarm and other signals. It also helps you to fly the drone in the night as well.
- The drone weighs around 145 grams and has four channel video transmission. Its dimensions are 12.6 * 12.6 * 4.70 inches. It can be fully charged in 120minutes and gives you around 10minutes of flight time.
3- Holy Stone HS110D
This drone costs under $150 including shipping and completely worth its investment. It has 720P HD FPV CAMERA with FOV 120°. The drone has a sturdy build quality that makes it durable and stylish at the same time. Enjoy the easy flight experience with HS110D. Just release the throttle, and it will stay in the same position. You can capture amazing landscapes and take some selfies as well. This drone is good for kids and beginners. It also has a headless mode which helps once the drone goes out of sight. Below are some of the important features of the drone that you should know.
- The quadcopter comes with 3.7V 1000mAh batteries which gives you longer flight time. Don’t use the local charger, only use the one that comes with the product.
- If you don’t want to use the controller, then you can use the smartphone. With your smartphone, you can use all the functions through its App interface.
- It is also 3D VR goggle compatible; you can use it for a more immersive experience. If you are using the drone for the racing purpose, it’s going to help you a lot. Also try gravity control feature, its unique and will take some time to get used to it.
- It’s recommended that after every flight, you give motors 10minutes of rest time, so it gets cool down. Also, make sure, you do the gyro calibration before taking it off.
- It weighs around 145grams, so need for FAA registration. Its dimensions are 12.6 * 12.6 * 4.70. Battery gets fully charged in 120 minutes and gives you around 10 minutes of flight time.
4- Holy Stone HS110
HS110 is also one of the flagship product of Holy Stone. It has 2MP Camera with which you can take some good aerial shots. You can also have the first-person view in your smartphone that helps you in setting the frame and composition. It supports both Android and iOS as well. You can control all the features of your drone with the app in your smartphone.
You can also use gravity sensor to have fun with your quadcopter. The headless mode and one key return feature make the drone very easy for beginners. One Key Return feature is very helpful once you lose the drone out of sight. Below are the main features of Holy Stone HS110.
- It uses 2.4Ghz channel with six-axis gyro which gives you smooth and stable flight. You can also do a 360-degree flip with this drone.
- Don’t use the local charger for charging the batteries; it can damage the battery.
- It weighs around 108grams, so FAA registration is not required. The drone is recommended for 14+. So, beginners and kids can use it.
- The drone dimensions are 12.6 x 12.6 x 2.6 Inches, and it is capable of recording in 1280*720P. Battery gets charged in 60 minutes and gives you 7-9 minutes of flight time.
- The video transmission range is up to 50metres that is not very impressive.
5- Holy Stone U818A
This is again a great mid-size quadcopter by Holy Stone. U818A is easy and safe to fly. The drone also features headless mode like other holy stone drones that makes it easy to use for beginners. In this mode, no matter in which direction the drone is facing, controlling of the drone won’t change. It has HD Camera; you also get bonus battery with the drone that gives you extra flight duration.
The drone comes with a 6 axis gyro control system that provides better stability and smooth functioning. Below are some of the important features of the drone that you should know.
- The drone is very responsive. So, if you are a beginner, firstly get used to it then only fly it at higher speed.
- It has 2MP HD Camera and 4GB micro SD Card that gives you enough space for videos and pictures.
- It also comes with the anti-crash guard that reduces the chances of any possible crashes. It also has LED indicators that makes drone more visible, and you can even see it when it’s very far away from you.
6- Holy Stone F181C
This drone has very bright LED lights, and you can fly it in the dark as well. Holy Stone made this drone, especially for night flights. It has 2.4G advanced technology that allows the drone to fly among other drones without having interference. It also has six-axis gyro stabilization that gives more smooth and stable flight. You can also do a 360-degree flip with a single click that makes real drone fun. If you are a beginner, then you surely going to love this. It has good altitude hold as well that could be helpful when you are doing auto hovering.
- For newbies, landing and take off is very crucial, this is where most of the crashes happen. It comes with one key landing and takes off that reduces the possible crash chances.
- The drone is suitable for all ages. For kids, it’s a fun toy, for teens it has a lot of advanced features to try out.
- The drone doesn’t have FPV mode so it can’t be connected with the phone. It has a range up to 100 meters and gives you around 7-9 minutes of flight time once it gets charged fully in 80minutes.
- Don’t forget to calibrate the gyro before you take it off. If calibration is not done properly, you won’t be able to have a stable flight.
- With the product, you will get two batteries, landing gear, charging cables and SD Card as well.
7- Holy Stone F181W
This is again a mid-sized holy stone drone which comes at an affordable price with decent features. It has WiFi FPV feature with 720P Wide-Angle Camera. You can also enjoy the live feed and capture the more beautiful pictures. The quadcopter is also compatible with virtual reality goggles that can give you next level immersive experience. It has received really good rating online which 4.5 out of 5 by thousands of users. The drone costs around hundred dollars that makes it affordable for beginners. Below are some of the features that you should know about this drone.
- For FPV mode, you have to install the app which is supported in Android and iOS both.
- If you want to shoot jelly effect free footage, then you can go for altitude hold mode and set the camera at your subject then the drone will click some great pictures.
- It comes with two batteries that increase the flight time. It weighs around 5 ounces, and dimensions are 12.6(L) X3.3 (H) X12.6 (W) Inches. You don’t need any FAA registration for this.
- The battery gets fully charged in 80 minutes, and that gives you around 8-10 minutes of flight time.
8- Holy Stone F181G
It comes with a 5.8G transmission that gives you crystal clear glitch free transmission. You get the high-quality live feed. The quadcopter is also compatible with VR that can give you a seamless, immersive experience. This drone could be a good choice if you want to buy a fun racing drone. It has 120 degree of field of view which is good if you want to shoot the panorama. It gives you around 10minutes of battery backup, and you also get the indication once the battery is low. Below are some of the aspects of Holy Stone F181G quadcopter.
- The drone is suitable for all ages. Kids, beginners and adults, anyone can buy it. It suits everyone’s purpose.
- It has some of the most advanced features that include one key take-off & landing, flips, and rotation, speed variations, LED indications and much more.
- When you make the purchase, you get a lot of spare parts that includes four extra propellers, six guard frames, screws and landing gear.
9- Holy Stone HS230
This is the last drone in our mid-size category. It can fly up to 45km/h and have good wind resistance as well. It also has the 720P camera with a 120-degree field of view. You also get the bonus battery once you make the purchase that increase your flight duration. This drone also has received a very good rating. It has a 5.8G transmission. You can also go for FPV if you want an immersive experience. You can also go with a modular camera which is very easy to install and adjust. The drone has very quick acceleration, but it doesn’t come with altitude hold. So don’t expect any auto hovering once you release the throttle.
- You can also use headless mode if you are a beginner. It makes controlling simple, and you don’t get confused, no matter in which direction, the drone is facing.
- Don’t forget to take some gap between two flights, it will help in cooling down the motors, and it will reduce the chances of any damage during flight.
- Its dimensions are 10.2 x 10.2 x 2.6 inches, and item weighs around 2.35 pounds.
Mini Size Drones
1- Holy Stone HS160
This one comes in two colors black and red so you can choose the one you like. You also get an extra battery so that you can have one flight after other without wasting your time. The quadcopter comes with foldable arms that make it compact and easy to carry. The drone is under $100 range and could be a good choice if you are thinking of buying your first drone. It also comes with 720P HD Camera that makes the drone capable of capturing some high definition video. Below are some of the important things about the drone that you should know.
- The drone is very small in size once its props get folded. Its propellers are flexible and strong which can easily survive the minor crashes.
- Your smartphone can control everything after installing the app. It is supported in iOS and Android both as well. You can also share your pictures directly on social media through the app itself.
- It has two powerful 3.7V 500mAh batteries that give you longer flight duration. The battery also gets charged very quickly.
2- Holy Stone HS150
This Bolt Bee Mini drone is specially built for the racing purpose. It has 2.4GHz transmission and six-axis gyro system. The drone can fly at 50km/h, and it gets super high acceleration in no time. With HS150, you get one extra battery so that you can have back to back two flights. You can do some cool stunts with the quadcopter; you can do 3D rolling and various flips as well. It can do flips in four multiple directions that take your fun at the new level.
- If you are a beginner, then you can go with a headless mode which gives you easy controller, no matter whatever direction the drone is facing.
- It has 2.4GHz 6 Axis Gyro system that gives you a stable flight and smooth flying experience. There are multiple intelligent modes as well that you can try to add creativity in your shots.
- It is a great entry level racing drone and comes at a very affordable price. If you are a newbie and want to try something, it’s worth giving a try.
3- Holy Stone HS170
This is a kind of mini-helicopter and one of the very popular nano drone of Holy Stone. It has four channel transmission that gives you good control over your drone. It also has 2.4Ghz with six-axis gyro which gives you better stability. The drone is super cheap, and it costs less than $50. If you want to buy a drone for fun, you won’t find any better deal than this one. It also has a headless mode that allows beginners to fly in the right direction without getting confused. It also has anti-interference technology that doesn’t let it crash with another drone during the flight.
- It also has good wind resistance control that allows it to fly up to 30-50 meters. The battery gets charged in 45-60 minutes and gives you around 6-8 minutes of flight time.
- The drone is recommended for 14+ years. If you are new to these UAVs, I would highly recommend going through the manual before taking them off. Because drone can become wild and cause damage if they out of control. This one especially is ultra responsive, so be careful.
4- Holy Stone HS177
This is also a fun drone by Holy Stone for kids and beginners. It comes at a very affordable rate with advanced features like four channel 2.4Ghz transmission with six-axis gyro stabilization. The drone infrared is available in blue and red color. It also has infrared features that make the quadcopter real fun. You can play some team games with your friends. After getting four hits, the drone will land down slowly. You can also do 360-degree flips in multiple directions that make drone cool and fun for the kids. Below are some of the important aspects of the drone that you should know about.
- It also has a good altitude hold that allows it to hover at the same position. That is helpful for kids and beginners.
- It also has a headless mode, so you don’t need to get confused with drone direction while flying it. If you are a beginner, it’s going to help you.
- It has up to 10 minutes of flight time. You can also choose between the three different modes, can do an emergency stop. One key start makes the landing and takes off more smoothly.
5- Holy Stone HS170G
This drone is built for fun, and you can also use it in the night as well. The mini quadcopter comes with altitude hold, headless mode, and one key landing and takes off. You can also do 3D flips and rolls with the drone that takes your fun at the next level. Flipping can be done in multiple directions which makes this drone real fun.
- The drone has the strong finish and aerodynamic build quality that reduces the wind resistance and gives you more speed.
- It also has bright LED lights that help you to fly the drone in the night as well. The drone also remains more visible in the day and doesn’t go out of your sight.
- The drone is good for beginners, and you can learn very easily with this. It has altitude hold as well that allows you to control it easily.
- The drone has a quick start. Power the drone and transmitter, the pair both of them, calibrate the gyro and it is ready for flight.
6- Holy Stone HS190
This is again a compact foldable and portable drone. The drone can do 360-degree flips and rotation in three different speed modes that make the drone more easy to fly for the beginners. Its LED system can give you an indication about the drones such as low battery, low signal and much more. Below are some of the important aspects of the drone that you should know.
- The drone also has good altitude hold which allows the drone to hover at one position once you release the throttle. The drone also has one key takeoff and landing.
- The drone has one key takeoff and landing that is helpful for beginners. If you are not a skilled pilot, then don’t worry this drone is built for you.
- The drone has high-speed rotation feature that allows it to fly in a circle with high speed.
7- Holy Stone HS210
This drone is made for kids and could be a good place to start if you are looking for a beginner’s drone. You get 3 drone batteries in the package, and you get a total of 21 minutes of flight time. The drone also has auto hovering altitude feature that allows the drone to have good altitude hold.
- The headless mode allows you not to lose the drone when it is far away because you know how to handle the drone no matter in which direction it’s facing.
- It can also do 3D flips which adds the fun at the next level. It is good for beginners and newbies
8- Holy Stone HS220
This is the last mini holy stone drone which is not that popular in comparison to other drones. It also has some advanced features like one key takeoff and landing. It has foldable arms that make its compact and easy to carry. It has a good rating online as well. Below are some of the important things about Holy Stone HS220 that you should know.
- It has real-time WIFI transmission with 720P HD Camera. You can see the live feed directly from your smartphone.
- It also has some cool features like 3D VR Mode, gravity control that allows you to do 360-degree flips. It allows you to have a stable flight experience.
- You get around 15minutes of flight time that is decent enough to capture some beautiful landscapes.
Holy Stone is the unicorn in toy grade drone manufacturers. Their products have the solid build quality and most of their high-end drones are available at affordable rates. If you are a beginner and looking for a good place to start, then their drones could be a good place to start.