We all have a list of special and important occasions that we’d want to cherish for the rest of our lives. Don’t we? Who wouldn’t want to get these memorable moments captured beautifully and with perfection?
Remember the times when your face automatically glows on having seen pictures and videos of your childhood, school days, birthday celebrations, get-togethers, etc.?
Well, those were probably not of the best quality resolution, yet you loved watching them. Now imagine getting all your precious moments captured in the best quality possible.
It cannot get any better than this. But, the problem is – which one to choose?
Yes, one cannot deny that there are tons of options available to choose from when it comes to choosing a camcorder. But, don’t worry. We’ll make it easy for you by listing down the “Top 3 cameras” that are surely worth every penny.
Best Cameras for Wedding Videography
SONY FDRAX53/B 4K HD CAMCORDER
Sony – a brand that needs no special mention. As known to many, it has launched products in various domains – be it televisions, smartphones, laptops, and a lot more. On that note, it has made its presence felt in the cam-recorders area. One of the best products, worth a mention, is the Sony FDRAX53/B 4K HD video recording camcorder with a travel charger.
- 4K XAVC-S recording with 16.6MP and has an Exmor R sensor.
- The video capturing resolution is 720p.
- BOSS stabilization – Not many camcorders have this specification. Thus, having one does make a difference. This feature allows that lens to point in the same intended direction even though you constantly shake the camera.
- Talking about the lens, this camcorder has a ZEISS lens(26.8mm) that supports 20x optical zoom in 4K and 30x Clear Image Zoom in 4K
- The stability of Balanced Optical Steady Shot will always get you the perfect shot.
- It comes with a 3.0″ touch panel LCD, EVF, Wi-Fi/NFC, manual ring, night shot, 4K Time-lapse capture.
- Sony FDRAX53/B 4K HD video recording camcorder with travel charger does support dioptre adjustment.
- Wondering what all you’ll get on purchasing this camcorder? The box will include a Rechargeable Battery Pack (NP-FV70/NP-FV70A), an AC Adaptor, one micro HDMI cable, one micro USB cable, one Power Cord, and an Operating Guide (obviously).
Travel charger: Talking about what most of you might be interested in – the travel charger. As the name suggests, it is a compact battery charger that is great for travel. It has a charging station indication lamp with a 3 step LED and a retracting AC plug. It supports a universal AC voltage of 100-240 volts.
PANASONIC 4K ULTRA HD VIDEO CAMERA CAMCORDER HC-VX981K
Panasonic is yet another brand that is one of the most sought after. It has stepped into a range of electronic products like smartphones, television, and a range of home appliances. However, the camcorders under this brand are equally good as far as performance is concerned. Out of the many camcorders designed by this brand, one which undoubtedly stands out from the rest is the 4K Ultra HD Video camera camcorder HC-VX981K. Have a look at what this product has to offer.
- The camcorder has a stunning 18.91 Megapixel MOS sensor.
- When talking about camcorders, the details about the “zoom” feature draw much attention. This camcorder from Panasonic has a 20x Zoom LEICA Decomar Lens (4.08 – 81.6 mm) and a 5-axis Hybrid O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer)
- Another feature worth mentioning is the “1/2.3-Inch Back Side Illumination (BSI) Sensor. This sensor has a large effective area with 8.29M effective pixels, thereby suppressing noise even when shooting in dimly-lit conditions. What an amazing feature this is!
- How can one not talk about recording and editing when it comes to camcorders? The Panasonic 4K Ultra HD Video camera camcorder HC-VX981K supports 4K recording and In-Camera Editing. Ultra-sharp 4K Ultra HD recording and in-camera editing for 1080p displays are what you get here. The 4K in-camera allows post cropping, panning, zooming, and subject tracking stabilization features. This eliminates the need for external software to capture and produce the content.
- Who wouldn’t want to have crystal clear videos?
HDR (High Dynamic Range) Movie Feature is another feature that this camcorder boasts of. Exclusive high-dynamic range feature suppresses the blown highlights and blocked shadows for crisper and clearer videos.
- The Panasonic 4K Ultra HD Video camera camcorder HC-VX981K comes with a wireless Twin Camera with the help of which you can wirelessly connect your smartphone’s video camera as a sub-camera for a picture-in-picture video effect.
- The Wi-Fi feature of this camcorder makes it competent in a variety of tasks such as remote shooting and view via the Panasonic smartphone app, picture-in-picture style video recording with your smartphone as a sub camera, etc. With this feature, your camcorder earns a brownie point as most of the camcorders in the market do not support this feature.
BLACKMAGIC DESIGN POCKET CINEMA CAMERA 4K
Blackmagic claims that Pocket Cinema Camera 4K is better than a simple video camera because it has professional features that allow you to create the same “look” as that of Hollywood feature films. The combination of high dynamic range, great low light performance, and Blackmagic RAW will give you feature film images with precise skin tones and gorgeous organic colors. Should that interest you, keep reading to learn more.
- The elegant design of the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera will leave you stunned, and with an incredible number of high-end digital film features into a miniaturized, handheld design, you are bound to get amazed.
- The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K is a lightweight carbon fiber polycarbonate composite. This product is so light that you’ll probably not even realize that you’re carrying it.
- The camera also features a multifunction handgrip with all controls for recording, ISO, WB, and shutter angle right at your fingertips, thus making your experience even better.
- The panel controls are conveniently placed below the right thumb rest, thus enabling you to quickly change shooting speed with the high frame rate button, zoom into the image with the magnifying glass, access setup menus, and quickly playback shots for review. The main power switch is located on the top next to a row of 3 customizable function buttons.
- The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera has dedicated controls for iris, ISO, white balance, and shutter speed. The dual native ISO of up to 25,600 gives you fantastic low-light performance, something you would never have imagined, for sure.
- One of the most promising features that this camera offers is a full-size 4/3 sensor that gives you an incredible 4096×2160 video resolution with a full 13 stops of dynamic range for excellent digital film quality. The 4/3 sensor also aims to reduce crop factors to give you a wider field of view. Isn’t that great?
- It has a 5” ultra-bright screen.
- High-speed action is no match for this camera from Blackmagic. Thanks to recording up to 60 fps at 4K or up to 120 fps in HD.
Another stunning feature is the kinds of highly advanced media to record from. With this camera, you have an option to choose between standard SD cards, UHS-II cards, or Fast 2. 0 cards. You can also record directly onto an external SSD using the built-in USB-C Expansion Port.
Undoubtedly, this product is loaded with a truckload of astonishing features.
There are tons of options available to choose from when choosing a camcorder. However, choosing the one that’d suit our requirements still is a hurdle.
All three – Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K, Panasonic 4K Ultra HD Video camera camcorder HC-VX981K and Sony FDRAX53/B 4K HD video recording camcorder with travel charger yield the best results possible.
If you are looking for a quality that is no less than professional videography and filmmaking, go for Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K.
The other two will work wonders for you if you plan to travel or have some special occasions to capture. These are handy and can be bought for personal use as well.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (Must Read)
- For what purpose is the “Intelligent Auto” mode?
This mode optimizes settings intelligently to the recording environment, hence the name – Intelligent auto.
- Why does my device face a lot of battery-related issues?
Many do not know that in cold places, the battery life is shorter. Another point worth noting is that the battery has a limited life. If the operating time is still too short even after the battery is fully charged, it might be the case that the battery has worn out and needs to be replaced.
- Why does the lens, the viewfinder, or the LCD monitor fog up?
This might be due to condensation and does not necessarily mean that the device is not functioning well.