If you are a drone enthusiast and somehow, stumbled upon into this article, then you are at right place. Today, we will discuss everything you need to know about the best drones available in the market. We will cover the best drones for kids, beginners and adults. We have also included things to keep in mind, drone regulations in different countries and how we tested these drones. In case, you have any suggestions, don’t forget to let us know in the comments below. We’ll try to respond as soon as possible.
Things to keep in mind before buying a drone
In this section, we will discuss what are the important things that you should know before buying a drone. As drones are used for multiple purposes, some use it for a hobby for some, it’s their profession while for kids, it is just a toy for fun. So, if you are confused among the various available choices then, these bulleted points will help you to make a better decision.
1- Price: This is a critical point that you have to consider before buying a drone. Because the price range varies here drastically, you can get drones from $20 to $2000. So, first make sure how much budget you have got. If we go back in time, drones were very costly, you literally have to spend tens of thousands of dollars to buy one. Thanks to the New Technology that made it accessible to everyone. If you want to buy a decent drone, you should spend around $200 at least, below that you would only get the crap and there is no guarantee that it will survive even for a single day. Drones lack quality when the price is low, so you have to raise your budget little bit high. Because these drones are very fragile at the same time, a single crash and they are gone. So, if you are a beginner, then spend at least $150 to $200, so that it’s neither very high end nor it’s very toyish at the same time.
2- Purpose: Before price, I think you have to decide for what purpose you are buying the drone. You are buying it for fun, or you are into aerial photography or videography and want to get some cinematic shots. So, the reason and for what usage, you are buying it, should be apparent. So, if you are a kid, I won’t recommend you to buy DJI inspire at the first place, or if you are a professional, then I won’t recommend buying a cheap Chinese one.
There are literally hundreds of varieties available online, and you will find yourself baffled while choosing among them. If you are buying it for professional usage, make sure it has good camera quality, controlling, long range, battery time and safety system as well. So, decide the purpose first and then buy the best one available in that category.
3- Safety: Let me share my personal experience here, the very first drone I bought didn’t even a single day. It just flew and directly crashed into the wall. Though drones seem to be a lot of fun, but they also come with a lot of responsibility, it can hurt somebody as well as there are already a lot of recorded cases also.
Take drone as a small aircraft, and you are pilot with remote control. If you are a beginner, it’s highly recommended to learn flying the drones in an open ground so that you remove the possibility of any kind of damage. There are some standard safety rating as well that comes with every drone. Check that one also, before buying one so that you know precisely, how safe your drone is.
4- Cheaper drones are for beginners is a myth: I have seen that there is this prevailing notion among people that if you are a beginner, then you always have to start off with cheaper ones. But that’s not always right. Cheaper drones don’t have proper controlling and flying them is more difficult than flying a good one. High-End drones come with the good sensors, if you leave the remote, they will start hovering at the same place without too much to and fro movement. If you don’t want to spend a lot of money and want a decent drone as well, start off with Hubsan X4 quad one. It’s value for money and suitable for beginners.
Drone Technical Terms
It’s very important to know your drone. There are a lot of jargons used when it comes to drones. Whether you use it as a hobby or professionally, I am sure, you will come across a lot of lingo and abbreviations. Below are some of the most used short forms that you should know. So, if we miss something, don’t forget to let us know in the comments below. We’ll try to add that as well.
- RTF (Ready To Fly): Drones that are ready to fly out of the box are knowns as RTF drones. They require no assembly and easy to use.
- ARTF or ARF (Almost Ready to Fly): These drones do require little bit assembly before you take them off. They come with a couple of accessories that you have to use with.
- BNF (Bind and Fly): These are basically RTF drones with the receiver. They don’t come with the radio controller, you have to buy the RC Separately. The good thing about the remote controller is that you can use the same controller with other BNF drones as well.
- FPV (First Person View): This means that you get the live feed in your camera about what you drone is shooting in real time. It is for professional purpose where you have to frame you have to frame your composition to get the best shot. Nowadays, you also get the FPV goggles that give you a different level of immersive experience.
- RTH (Return to Home): This is the most important safety feature that your drone should have. Many times, when the connection gets lost or the battery gets low, or your controller gets some problem. This feature allows your drone to return safely at the set starting point. Starting or Take Off Point is set by the drone through the GPS before every flight.
- Gimbal: This is a mechanical stabilisation system that allows your drone camera to get smooth video and sharp pictures even though in high winds. If the camera doesn’t have stabilisation, then you get shaky footage, and that is of no use many times.
- Headless mode: This mode is basically for beginners that allow the drone to move forward, backward, left and right with the same movement on controller regardless of which way drone is pointing. Because as a beginner, if you don’t have this mode, it becomes quite confusing and you might drift your drone in a completely wrong direction.
- Follow me: If you want to shoot something moving by following them, then this mode is very imped. It allows the drone to follow the subject while using the GPS signal with your mobile device. This mode comes with high-end drones and not required if you are a beginner or want to buy the drone just for fun.
- Brushless motor: Brushless motors increase the efficiency. It makes drones very quiet and battery last longer in these cases.
Drone Safety and Regulations
Since the growth of drone users are getting increased exponentially around the world. You have to be aware of the drone safety and regulations of the area in which you are flying. Drones without GPS and RTH feature is considered not safe to fly. If you go these online drone forums, you will hear a lot of horror stories. It could really be disastrous if you don’t know how to use the drone properly.
If you’re in the USA and thinking of flying a drone, you need to go through the FAA guidelines. Recently, they have tightened their rules, and you may face serious consequences if you don’t abide with them. Recently, a filmmaker got 5 years of jail because he flew the drone in no flying zone.
There are many no-fly zones set by the FAA, never think of flying the drones in that area without taking permission. If you are thinking of flying a drone near the airport, you have to take the permission of control tower first. You can’t fly the drone in highly dense areas as well. There are certain limits of speed as well.
So, these rules can vary from country to country. Make sure, you always know the rules of the area in which you are flying. Take the permission from local authorities and then only take it off. In some countries, rules are very strict. A simple step of fun can land you in really big trouble. So, know the rules and then only play the game.
You can check the FAA guidelines from here.
How We tested the Drone Quality?
So, In this article, we would be covering the top 30 drones in the market that you can buy. These top 30 selections are based on several factors that include the below factor.
- Value for Money
- Advanced Features
- Camera Quality
- Safety & Security
So, these are the five main factors that we considered before putting this drone list together. You would see a lot of cheap drones coming on the top probably because of their value for money factor. We didn’t have hands-on experience, but we did many drones personally. We have also taken the online reviews into consideration while deciding the rankings.
While doing our research, we collected data like responsiveness, speed, accuracy, obstacle avoidance, battery life and many others. So, without wasting any time further, let’s dive into top 30 drones for beginners, kids and professionals.
1- DJI Mavic Air (Professional)
This is undoubted the best drone that you can buy. This latest DJI Mavic Air is an epitome of perfection. It is foldable, and that makes it easy to carry. The professional drones used to be heavy and very giant, you need one extra person to carry them. But this drone literally revolutionised the drone design and portability aspect. You can capture the 4k videos up to 60fps. It comes with 21 minutes of battery backup. You probably need to carry two extra batteries so that you don’t run out of power. Below are some of the main features of the drone that you should know.
Read Full Mavic Air Review over here.
- The drone is small and compact, and you can really do a lot of neat tricks with this drone. This drone is one of the best drones for professional purpose.
- You can track moving objects, make a spherical video, set the drone in a pre-coordinated path and take an ultimate drone selfie.
- It weighs around 430grams, the camera resolution is 12MP, and a range of drone is around 6 miles.
- It also comes with near obstacle avoidance, so you have very less chance of crashing your drone.
- The downside of the drone is that you have to buy multiple batteries, as one won’t be enough. In our test, we found battery timing 18minutes and 45 seconds.
2- DJI Mavic 2 Pro (Beginners, Professionals, 20MP Camera, 8Km Range)
This is the second drone in our top 30 list. DJI Mavic 2 Pro is also one of the best. This has some really advanced features. It gives one of the smoothest follows up tracking video. It is mainly used for cinematic shooting. Even in a lot of Hollywood Movies, the DJI Mavic 2 pro is used for shooting videos. This drone is built for serious flyers. It can shoot 4k footage up to 30fps. It has a 20-megapixel camera and the best thing about the camera that you can change the aperture and that allows you to shoot even in the low light area. Its camera gives a lot better footage than the other available drones in the night. Below are some of the important things that you should know.
Read Mavic 2 Pro Full Review over here.
- It comes with H.265 encoding. It is a versatile drone and can do many acrobatics stunts that certainly gives it an edge over others.
- It comes with DJI Smart technology that makes it easy to use. You don’t have to stress too much on flying. It allows you to focus more on shot composition and frame selection.
- ActiveTrack Tech gives you proper locking subjects on the subject, and you can film the moving subjects easily.
- It is more responsive and fast. It is also quieter than its previous version.
- It also comes with a long range that gives you range up to 8kms, and that’s really amazing.
- There are multiple modes that you can try and drone almost impossible to crash.
- Battery Life is also bolstered, you can fly up to 31minutes, and that gives you an ample amount of time to shoot.
3- DJI Mavic Pro (Professional, Foldable Drone, 27minutes Flight)
If you don’t have the budget to buy pro 2, then you can go with the previous version that also a brilliant version in itself. Since its launch, it has been one of the most popular drones among all the enthusiast around the world. When it comes to the camera, you can record 4k videos in 30frames per second. It also has fully fledged 3 axis gimbal that gives you the best stabilisation, allows you to have smooth footage even in windy situations. In this drone, you will also see a lot of advanced features like different flight modes, obstacle avoidance and hand gestures. The drone design is also very compact and rigid, you can easily fold it and start travelling around without any extra load. Below are some of the important aspects of this drone that you should know.
Read Mavic Pro Full Review over here.
- The remote is very responsive, and while flying it, you won’t see any kinds of jerks even in bad weather.
- The DJI product is always ahead in the market and provides you with with the unparalleled experience that you won’t find with any other brands.
- It is a long-range drone, you can fly it up to 7kms from the transmitter.
- It comes with intelligent Lipo Battery that gives you around 27minutes of battery backup so that you have ample amount of time to shoot whatever you want.
4- DJI Spark (Beginners, Kids, Very Small Size, 12MP Camera)
This is one of the coolest drones by DJI Company. Though it’s used by professionals, still you can’t resist attracting to it. Flying this drone is super fun, you never get bored while flying it. You have to control it with your mobile phones otherwise you need to buy a separate controller. The drone is really affordable for keeping all the specifications into consideration. The drone is really small, easy to carry. It easily gets fit into your backpack, you don’t need to carry a separate bag for this. Don’t also expect too much from this drone, it’s not very stable when the weather gets bad. Below are some of the important things about this DJI Spark.
- It is super lightweight; around 300grams.
- It has 12MP of Camera that allows you to capture decent quality bird’s eye view pictures.
- Battery Size is around 1480 MAh that is a kind of the downside of it. You can’t fly it for a longer duration.
- You can fly the drone up to 1.2 miles.
- It is one of the best drones for beginners, it’s affordable and has some really good features at the same time.
- It has controller-free gestures control, and you also get an option like quick shot mode.
5- DJI Phantom 4 Pro Plus (Professional, Ocusync, 7Km Range)
This is a very unique drone. It comes with a fully integrated Android tablet that gives you full HD Resolution. A lot of people has been asking what’s the difference between pro and standard, this tablet is the only difference. The tablet screen is 5.5 inches wide that provides you with the best live feed with maximum brightness. It comes with 20 Mega Pixel Camera with a 1-inch sensor, and you also get mechanical shutter with this. The gimbal that you get with a drone is 3 axis gimbal and that provides the better stabilization.
What I like about this drone is the obstacle avoidance ability. The chances of having a collision are extremely low as it comes with 5 obstacle avoidance sensors.
- The company says that it comes with OcuSync transmission technology that eliminates the chances of signal loss and other transmission glitches.
- The range of this drone is huge, you can fly it up to 7kms, and that provides you with enough freedom to fly around and covering the whole location.
- The battery backup is around 27minutes that are also great. You don’t have to worry too much about battery getting drained every time, you take it off.
6- DJI Phantom 4 (Beginners, Professional, 4k Recording, 1.3Kg)
After phantom 3 series, Phantom 4 series was the first ones that really set some really high standards in the drone industry. The build quality of this drone is really sturdy, and you get the best value for money drone. This was the first drone by DJI in which object avoidance technology was highly advanced. Before this drone, the crashing was really common, and when this one came in the market, the frequent crash of the drones got significantly decreased.
- You can control the drone with your smartphone app, you don’t even need a controller if you are comfortable flying through your mobile.
- You get 4k footage with this camera and gimbal stabilisation provides shake-free footage of the camera.
- It’s quite affordable in its range and could be a good option if you are buying for a professional cum hobby purpose and don’t want to squander a lot of money.
- The drone is best for aerial photography. It weighs around 1.3 kg.
- The Camera resolution is 12.4MP, battery size is 5300MAH, and you can fly it up to 3 miles of range.
- It comes with a fisheye lens, and you can fully control the drone with its smartphone app.
- The downside of this drone that it’s not easily upgradable.
7- Parrot Anafi (Beginners, 320grams, Sports Mode)
This is the first drone from a different brand than DJI that makes its place in top 10. They are really one of the top competitors of DJI in the market. It is really a comprehensible and affordable machine. The drone comes with a portable focus that gives the drone edge over others. It weighs around 320grams. Its lightweight quality and compact size gives the better portability. If you compare this drone with Mavic Air, it’s around 100 gram lighter than this one. It doesn’t have any obstacle avoidance technology, and that makes it prone to crash if you are not an expert pilot.
- When it comes to safety, it solely depends upon GPS and GLONASS.
- Its stabilisation is not that good, you have to do a lot of manual correction to control the flight smoothly.
- The users have said, it doesn’t stable in one place. It just drifts around. So, not recommended in case you are thinking of indoor flying.
- Drone is responsive and swift. You can fly it up to 33mph in sports mode.
- You can fly the drone to 4km though you might face some glitches in video live feed after one or two kilometres.
- You get 25 minutes of battery backup after every charge. That’s impressive.
8- Parrot Bebop 2 (Beginners, 14MP Camera, FPV)
This is also one of the most affordable drones by Parrot Company. It is a mid-range drone that gives you a lot of features at a really lower price. The unique thing about this drone is that you don’t gimbal with this as it comes with stabilisation software. The camera comes with the fisheye lens with decent chassis build quality. It uses the rubber dampeners that reduce the in-flight vibration, and you get shake-free footage with this.
It weighs around 500grams, the controller is optional over here. The camera comes with 14MP. The battery size is 2700 MAH, and you can fly it up to 300metres.
- If you want to spice up the drone flying, you can buy a flight controller or FPV Headset. FPV Headset is highly recommended for an immersive experience.
- You also need to spend extra money if you want to unlock the premium features.
- You can also use follow me mode if you want to record the moving object.
- Battery life is not that good, so you probably need to buy some extra batteries as well.
9- DJI Inspire 2 (Professionals, 5k Video Recording)
DJI Inspire 2 is the really high budget drone for professional users. It looks sleek and impressive and builds quality is also very good. It has high-end object avoidance technology that keeps your drone safe from any kind of crash. This drone comes with twin battery arrangement that gives you flight time up to 25 minutes. What I like about the drone that you have complete control over camera images and video as you can swap the lenses and choose the best one for you.
- It allows you to record up to 5K and that certainly gives it an edge over other drones in this range.
- It comes with a fully featured smartphone app and a dedicated controller that makes it easy to use.
- The camera quality is really amazing. You get a 30MP camera with a drone, you won’t be getting in any other drone.
- The battery size is 4280MAh, and you can fly it up to 7kms.
10- Parrot Mambo (Best for Kids, Beginners, 10mins Flight Time)
If you are looking for a drone that is so much more than a drone, then parrot mambo is highly recommended. It is super fun, and your kid would really love it. The drone is really cool and super indoor fun at the same time. It’s tiny & lightweight. If you are buying it for your kids’ then bundled accessories are highly recommended. You get two options.
- A grabber Claw: Though you can’t pick more than 4g, but you can still do a lot of other cool stuff with it. You can pick paper balls or lego bricks with it.
- Pellet Firing Cannon: It’s easy to lose and fun to fire these canon pellets.
- You can control the flight with the smartphone, remote control is optional for you.
- The drone is tiny and stable at the same time. It comes with 3axis gyroscope, ultrasound sensors and accelerometers.
- You can charge it fully in 30 mins and fly it for 10 minutes.
- It’s very cheap and best for kids and beginners if you are really looking for some fun.
- The maximum speed is 5m/s,, and Bluetooth range is 20metres.
11- DJI Inspire 1 (Beginners, 12.7MP Camera, 20Minutes flight)
This drone looks quite intimidating at very first look. It has got a solid, rugged build qnuality that makes it look like a war robot. It comes with a good quality camera with the gimbal for stabilisation that allows you to have a good quality video footage. The best thing about this drone that you can easily upgrade it, and you don’t have to worry about the machine getting obsolete. The machine is easy to control and very responsive as well. Below are some of the important things that you should know about DJI Inspire 1.
- It gives you around 15-20 minutes of battery backup once it gets fully charged.
- The drone is heavy and weighs around 3kg that comes with 12.7 Megapixel Camera.
- Battery Size of the Machine is 5700Mah, , and you can fly it around 2kms.
- The drone is not highly recommended in 2018 as there are other drones as well with better features at a lesser price.
12- Yuneec Typhoon H Pro (Beginners, 360degree Camera rotation)
This is also one of the unique drones that you should also have a look at. It comes with Intel RealSense technology that makes it really potential drone and worth buying if you have a budget somewhere around this range. The great thing about this drone is its return to home feature even you lose the drone in the midflight, it comes back safely to your home. Yuneec Typhoon H Pro could be the right choice if you are looking for a robot other than DJI and parrot.
- Its camera can be rotated in 360 degrees that allows you more flexibility in terms of shooting angles. You can point the camera exactly wherever you want, this feature you won’t find in another drone at this range.
- The Main Controller comes with 7 inches touchscreen that gives you full control over your drone. You also get the option of adding an additional controller.
- It has six rotor design. You can capture RAW and JPG image with this drone.
- It also supports dual motor control, , and obstacle avoidance technology keeps your drone safe and secure.
- Flight time is up to 19 minutes that provides you with a sufficient amount of time for the aerial flight.
- The dimensions are 20.5 x 12.2 x 18 inches, supports microSD, microSDHC, and microSDXC, and weighs around 3.7 lbs.
13- Ryze Tello (Kids, Beginners, Cheapest DJI Drone)
This is one of the cheapest DJI drones that you can buy online. If you are a beginner and don’t want to squander a lot of money,, then Ryze Tello could be the right choice for you. The drone is easy to fly and programmed via a scratch. It has Bluetooth remote control compatibility as well. This drone is built for fun, and if you are beginner, then you can learn a lot about flying. Below are some of the important aspects of the drone that you must know.
- You also get an automated flight mode option as well that allows you to let the drone handle everything by itself.
- As the drone is really inexpensive, it doesn’t have a good quality camera (5MP). You only get pixelated low-quality video.
- You have to control everything manually as there is no GPS and RTH feature available with this.
- The drone dimensions are 1.6 x 3.9 x 3.6 inches, , and it weighs around 2.8Oz. The drone is fully controlled by smartphone and tablet app.
- You get video resolution up to 720P.
14- ZeroTech Dobby (Kids, 199grams, 13MP Camera)
Though this drone comes at the 14th number, , but it is certainly one of the cheapest and smallest drones in this range. The Zerotech Dobby is known for making some cool gadgets, , and it is one of them. This is very easy to carry, , and you can easily take it around in a small bag. This drone is pitched as a selfie drone by the company and one of the very popular product with this brand. It weighs around 199 grams, and camera resolution is around 13MP. The battery size is 970MAh and have 100metres of range. Below are some the important things that you should know.
- Dobby means that it gets battered around in strong winds. But, if you have good weather, its performance is pretty impressive.
- The drone comes with a lot of features that includes orbital moves, facial recognition and object tracking.
- It also has audio & visual sensors that allow you to land the drone with the help of your palm.
- The battery life is around 5 to 10 minutes that really a downside. Photo and Video Quality is also not great.
15- MJX Bugs 2W (Beginners, GPS failsafe, Panorama)
It is really a smart drone and comes with GPS and GLONASS reception that gives it some really impressive features. You get three failsafe modes with this drone. One is GPS failsafe, Non-GPS failsafe and smart failsafe that allows you to have a quick return to home feature. The drone is for beginners and fun to fly. MJX Bugs 2W has a headless mode, altitude mode and FPV for an immersive experience. Though it doesn’t have any stabilization when it comes to the camera. Still, it captures some good quality aerial footage. If you are into shooting panoramic videos, then its wide-angle lens provides you with some stunning shots from a decent height.
- It can go up to 500metres. 500metres means 500 exactly, as soon as it goes up, it loses signal.
- The software comes with a lot of inbuilt safety features that make it drone more secure and safe to fly.
- It comes with 1800Mah battery, and you can fly it around for 18 minutes.
- The complete kit, you can buy in $300. It is very affordable in this range.
16- Autel Robotics X-Star Premium (Kids, Adults)
Autel Robotics X-Star Premium comes with the premium quality camera, and you can record some really good quality aerial footage. The drone also flaunts integrated anti-vibration mount that provides amazing stabilization with 3 axis gimbal. Image Sensors are really amazing, , and you can record 4k in 30fps. The unique thing about this drone is Autel Robotics X-Star Premium sports Mode that gives more freedom and responsiveness, and that makes it easy to handle.
The drone also has protection from magnetic interference with GPS/GLONASS reception. There are other smart flight features as well that makes it unique and bring in your consideration list.
- The drone is bulky, , and if you are looking for some portable one, then it might not be an option for you.
- It gives really a good competition when it comes to flying time. You can fly it up to 25 minutes.
- You can fly it up to the 2kms range with operating and FPV range. It has some good reviews online and fairly popular among drone enthusiasts.
17- MJX Bugs 3 (GoPro Mount, Professional, Cheap)
This is again one good product by MJX. It comes with an adventure camera mount that gives you the variety. You can take your adventure camera to new heights and shoot some really cool content. You can use adventure cameras like GoPro, SJCAM, and Xiaomi. At high altitude, it provides precision and perfection. It also has low voltage and high temp lock system that makes it more reliable. Below are some of the most important things that you should know.
- Some really good specifications and altitude hold make it a perfect choice.
- Though the drone is bit bulky but fast enough so that you don’t feel bored while flying it.
- It comes with 2S 1800 Mah batteries, and you can fly it up to 15minutes.
- The range of the drone is up to 300 meters. I would say at this range, the drone is fine enough.
18- UDI U818Plus (Kids, Altitude Hold Tech, NO GPS)
It comes with 2megapixel wide angle camera, and you also get 4GB TF Card. What I love about this drone that it is super stable at high altitude. Drone at this price range really struggles to hover at one place, and you constantly have to do the correction. You get a lot of footage from a different perspective. It is easy to use, and you can control the device with a single tap. It also has a headless mode, and one button take off. You also get the custom flight route feature that certainly gives it an edge over others.
- It doesn’t have GPS. So don’t expect precision with the drone. You have manually corrected the drone a lot.
- This drone is best suited for beginners and kids and comes with really good battery life. It can fly up to 15 minutes with a single charge. You won’t find this good battery backup at this price range.
- The drone range is not that impressive, you can fly it up to 150metres from the transmitter.
19- Altair AA108 (One Button take off, No Stabilization)
The drone comes with a 720P camera and you have a 120-degree wide angle view. You get the live feed in your mobile and can click some really good quality pictures and videos. You don’t get any gimbal and another stabilization system with this drone. This drone is built specially for beginners, low tier market. Though as a beginner, you might face a lot of issues when it comes to stable flying if you are an experienced flyer, you can certainly do a great job.
- You get three flight skill levels with this drone that allows you to fly it at your comfort.
- It comes with low battery alarm, and you can fly it in any terrain without losing the connection.
- The drone might seem very ordinary at the starting, , but it comes with impressive build durable quality so that you don’t have a fear of crashing it.
- Altair AA108 comes with two batteries. Each gives you 10 minutes of backup, and you can fly it up to 100 meters.
20- Holy Stone F181W (Detachable Camera, Toy, Kids & Beginners)
The great and unique thing about this drone that it comes with a detachable camera with wide angle lens. You won’t find this feature in any other drone in this range. It also supports WIFI FPV that gives you an enjoyable experience. You can also adjust the flying speed, enjoy the headless mode and do the one key flips as well. It is recommended for kids as it becomes buggy sometimes.
- You get the stylish controller with the drone which also has a small screen on it. You will also find a lot of speed settings as well.
- Small Screen displays information like LED Status, trim options, battery level and much more. The drone is highly responsive, you don’t feel any glitch while flying it.
- You can fly it up to 100 metres that is good enough if you are buying it for your kids.
- It only has 750MAh of battery and doesn’t have much flight time. You can expect around 7-8 minutes of battery life.
- The drone is really cheaper and recommended for kids.
21- The Tomahawk ($200, Kids & Adults, Camera Mount GoPro 5, 6)
If you are looking for a GoPro Drone, you should seriously consider buying this one. This is again a good product by Altair company. It comes around $200 price, and you get some really good features in that. You also get a very decent amount of flight time. You can fly it up to 17 to 20 mins. It is compatible with a lot of action cameras like GoPro Hero 5, and GoPro Hero 6. You can fly it up to 500metres that is a really good range considering the price.
- In this Quadcopter kit, you will be getting a remote controller, charger, action camera mount, landing gear, propeller guards and much more.
- It also comes with 720p HD wifi Camera in case you don’t want to use the mounted one.
- It has powerful altitude hold and works well even in windy condition.
- What I like about this company that spare parts of their drones are easily available. If something gets broken, just get it replaced.
- It will not come with Lipo Safe charging bags. But you can easily find them online.
22- Altair 818 Plus Quadcopter (150metres Range, FPV, Beginners & Kids)
This drone is quite bulkier in size bigger than the AA108. It is very popular in drones under $200 category. The good thing about this drone is that it is very stable and you get good photographs without any shake or blur. It comes with a 720P camera and TF Card which allows you to have good quality video. With a single charge, you can fly it for 15 minutes. It comes with two batteries in the box, so total flight time you get is 30 mins.
- In this drone, you get some really cool aerial shots with good accuracy if you know how to use it.
- It can stream FPV footage till 60meters range.
- In the drone kit, you get a remote controller, charger, spare blades, 4GB Card and a card reader as well.
- It is really a great choice in this price range.
23- Cheerson CX20 Auto-Pathfinder (14+ Kids, 15minutes Flight Time)
This is also one of the drones that you can consider in drones under $200 category. There are a lot of new features that you get with CX2- that makes this drone really unique. It has features like auto pathfinder, fpv and many others. It gets fully charged in 2 hours and gives you around 15 minutes of flight time. There is an age restriction with this product, only kids above 14 are allowed to use this. It runs of four batteries which are rechargeable 11.v & 2500mAh. Below are some of the important aspects of the drone that you should know.
- You can fly it up to 300m that provides a really decent amount of height to take some cool aerial shots. It comes with 2.4G ISM frequency.
- It also comes with GPS so that you always have the track of it and never get it missed out of your sight.
- The company claims that drone is very powerful even in high winds as it comes with some really powerful blades that provide it with the stronghold in the air.
- You probably have to buy some extra batteries for this to have the best possible experience.
- Sometimes, GPS gets frozen. So, it’s highly recommended to cross-check the GPS connectivity before every time you take off.
24- Force1 F100 Quadcopter (Brushless Motors, Quiet Drone, Drones for GoPro)
Sometimes, drones really get very noisy, and their motors sound become very irritating. This drone comes with brushless motors that make is quieter than others in this range.
You can also change the speed modes depending on which mode you are comfortable with. It comes with two 1800mAh lipo batteries that give around 24 minutes of flight time in total. Below are some of the important features of this GoPro Compatible drone that you must know.
- You can fly it up to 200 metres without any problem.
- It is compatible with GoPro Hero 3 and Hero 4 Models. The drone mount you get is with kit only.
- If you are a beginner, you can set the controls on low rate, and that will allow you to have better control over your drone.
- Motors are not noisy that allows you to record the video without much surrounding noise.
- You can also do a lot of stunts as well that includes 360-degree air flip as well.
- Flying with Gopro make it more prone to lose connection and you might also face some flight issues as the GoPro weight gets added to the drone.
25- Hubsan H502S FPV X4 (Adults and Professional)
This is the second quadcopter by Hubsan company. This quadcopter comes loaded with a lot of features. In Hubsan H502S FPV X4 Desire, you get modes like GPS Altitude Mode. It has four channel 5.8GHz Transmitter, and the drone is six Axis Quadcopter. When you buy the drone, you get a lot of accessories with the kit that includes Remote Controller, Blade Set, USB Cable, drone battery and the protective cover as well. This drone for professional usage has 4 AA batteries and takes around 150minutes to get fully charged. So, Below are some important points that you should know about this drone.
- It gives you around 10-15 minutes of flight time.
- It comes with 720P HD Camera that gives some decent quality footage.
- It has GPS and also some latest Axis Gyro Control System.
- It has very precise automatic return feature. In case you lose your drone, or it gets out of sight. Just press the button, it will get back to you.
- The drone also has followed up mode that allows you to capture moving objects with them without any glitch.
26- WLtoys V666 5.8G (Toy, Drone for Kids, No RTH Feature)
There is nothing much interesting about this drone still it makes it place in top 30 lists. It comes with a flat body with black and red colored fans. You also get the controller with the monitor. The drone is recommended for 14+ only. It weighs around 5 pounds. When it comes to range, you can cover up to 150 metres with this. It requires four batteries to run it, and you get a total of 15-20 minutes of flight time. When you buy the kit, you already 3 batteries extra so you don’t need to worry about buying extra ones. It has a camera with 720P.
- The drone is sturdy and powerful at the same time. It can easily bear the minor crashes and fly again.
- You can record up to 4 GB of videos.
- Batteries get fully charged in less than one hour and gives 15-20 minutes of battery backup.
- It doesn’t have an RTH feature. So, you have to land it back manually.
- It’s recommended to let the motors cool down before every takeoff.
- There is a foam canopy in the drone. If you want, you can remove it from the drone and make it lighter that will allow the drone to fly smoothly.
27- EACHINE Wizard X220S (Racing Drone, GoPro Compatible, FPV )
The Wizard 220S is developed by EACHINE and has features like FPV and sports mode. If you want to do a lot of fun with your drone, then this drone is recommended for you. It comes with Omnibus F4 5.8G 72CH 200mw/600mw that can be Switched to VTX 30A Dshot600. If you want to have a customised experience, then this drone is highly recommended for you.
The drone is bit pricey and not for everyone. It’s for those who have some specific requirements as such. You can do a lot of stunts as well, but that requires a lot of practice at first. You get a lot of accessories when you buy this kit. It includes four 2206 2300KV motors, omnibus flight controller, 30-degree camera mount, one pagoda antenna and two battery straps as well.
- It uses the betaflight_3.1.5_OMNIBUSF4SD firmware and has an inbuilt galvanometer as well.
- It also comes with LC filter. You get 1500mAh 4S Lipo batteries.
- It has unique 800TVL Camera with inbuilt 5V/3A BEC.
- Speed is amazing. It is more durable, reliable and provides some powerful thrust.
- You have to buy the batteries separately, and that might add up some extra cost to your budget.
28- BLADE Mach 25 FPV Drone (fastest drone, 70m/h, 14+ Age)
This is our last drone of the day, but it’s far from the worst. The BLADE Mach 25 FPV is one of the fastest drones for sale with an incredible top speed of 70 miles per hour – and it retails for only about USD 175! Throw in a solid camera, a 300-meter flight range, and a flight time of around 10 minutes and you’ve got an excellent choice for anyone over 14 years of age.
- It is a fully assembled Quadcopter that comes with 1350mAh Lipo battery. You also get 25mw micro FPV camera and one radio transmitter as well.
- It gives you around 10 minutes of flight time which is not that great but good enough at this price range.
- You have to buy the battery charger separately. The drone is, and it becomes quite challenging to fly in windy situations.
29- Contixo F6 (3D Flips, Altitude Hold, Kids & Beginners)
It can record up to 720p. The camera is at the front of the door with miniature sensors. It doesn’t have stabilisation that will lead to shaky footage, but you can avoid this issue if you use the drone correctly. What I love about this drone that it comes with altitude hold and you can also do 3D flips that make it more exciting and a fun device to use. If you are a young teen and looking for some real fun, then this drone is highly recommended. Below are some essential features that you should know.
- You get a total of half an hour flight duration, and that is a decent flight duration under 200 dollars price range.
- It can fly up to 300 metres, and you won’t find any slack while operating it.
- It also has features like FPV and VR with its dedicated app that works up to 30 metres.
- Customer Support of the company is excellent. You also get one year of manufacturer warranty, and that gives you an idea about its durability.
30- XIRO Xplorer (Professionals, 600 metres, RTF Feature)
Though this drone comes at the last in our top 30 list, still you can consider it. It is a second model in XIRO Xplorer Category. It basically comes with three version that includes Standard, G and V. There is a slight difference between both the versions. The drone build quality is pretty solid, and it can easily bear minor crashes. Drone is not highly recommended but still worth having a look. Below are some essential features of XIRO Xplorer.
- With this drone, you get around 25minutes of battery life that is decent enough at this price range.
- You won’t feel any glitches till the time you fly it in the recommended range.
AMAZON PRIME DAY DEALS 2019 (RECOMMENDED)