DJI Spark is one of the most affordable drones by DJI Company. It has the excellent build quality, smooth flight performance, and some advanced features as well. But, once in a while users report some issues about the drone. So, in this article, we’ll cover some common issues that you might come across if you own a Spark. We have also tried our best to give you the best possible solution. For any queries, you can let us know in the comments below; we’ll try to respond as soon as possible.
1- DJI spark blurry photos, Videos & focus Issues
This is the most common issue that people are facing with the quadcopter. Once in a while, they will get the blurry pictures and videos in which subjects seems to be entirely out of focus. There could be specific reasons for this. Follow the below steps, and if you are lucky, one solution might work for you.
- Compressed Artefacts: Most of the time when you see the picture on your mobile. It looks blurry because device compresses it. For better clarity, you can take out the memory card and see on the laptop.
- Low Light: Sometimes, pictures can be blurry if you are clicking them at the low light condition. Make sure that shutter speed is not very high when you are clicking the picture in evening or night.
- Camera Lens: Check whether your camera lens is clean or not. Sometimes, you by mistake put the finger on it, and that leaves a mark on it. So, if this is the case, you clean the lens gently with cloth or cotton.
- Moisture: Sometimes, moisture gets inside the body, and that becomes a problem. If you see there is something inside, then it is recommended to go to the nearest DJI Store.
- Wrong Settings: When you are clicking a moving object, the right shutter speed is critical. For moving subject, you should use the high shutter speed so that you can have a crystal clear picture.
- Dumb Mistakes: Make sure, you have taken off the plastic cap off the camera. Also, don’t click the picture when the subject is completely in front of the sun. It can whitewash the photo completely.
2- Dji spark controller not connecting to phone | Factory Reset
Sometimes after switching On the power, you might see that connection is not happening between the drone and the controller. There could be a lot of reasons behind it. Sometimes, your device might be connected to some different WIFI connection. So, you have to disconnect the already connected wifi and connect to the drone’s WIFI.
If the Drone’s WIFI is not reflecting in the device, follow the below steps. It will do the factory reset, and you will be able to make a connection between drone and device.
- Firstly, turn off and turn on the drone by the first press and second long press.
- Once the Drone is ON, and you see the lights ON.
- Then, you have to press the battery button for 9 seconds till the time you hear the three beeps.
- Then, Enter the DJI Go 4 App and tap to find the device. Once the WIFI appears, click to make the connection. You can watch the below video that will help you in understanding the issue in a better way.
3- Wifi Password Problems| Default Incorrect & Password Reset
If you are using the spark for the first time, then you’ll find the DJI spark default wifi password with the kit. If it’s saying that dji spark wifi password incorrect then, in that case, you can reset the password. Follow the below steps.
- First, you need to switch ON the controller.
- Once the controller and drone are ON, then you have to hold the power button for nine seconds.
- Then you will hear the two beeps. It means the power reset is done. For more information, you can read the user manual.
If you want to do the Password and SSID reset through OTG Cable then follow the below steps.
- First, you need to connect your device with a remote controller through OTG Cable.
- Then, go to DJI GO settings in the WIFI settings options of the GO App.
- There, you will be prompted with the current WIFI Password. There, you can enter the password and Apply the changes. Power off the remote controller and power it back ON.
4- DJI spark no positioning Atti
This is also one of the common problems that a lot of Spark pilot face. You should know when to use the Atti Mode. The Atti Mode also is known as Attitude Mode should only be used when they’re in no GPS, and vision systems are available. When you are flying on Atti Mode, you are entirely on the mercy of surroundings, the drone should be controlled very carefully, a single mistake and you’ll end crashing the drone.
You will see a slight change in the behavior of the drone. It will drift with the wind, though the altitude won’t vary that much still you will see some changes in the horizontal position. There would be a slight change in the controlling as well, so make sure you read the manual carefully before putting your drone in the attic mode. Below are some essential points that you have to keep in mind before using this mode.
- Make sure that you have good experience of flying the drone. For a beginner, this mode is not recommended at all.
- There should not be too much obstacle detection in the area where you are flying. The possibility of a crash is a bit higher.
- You can’t force the drone for ATTI Mode; it will only work when there is no GPS signal. For more information, you can watch the below video.
5- Dji spark no GPS signal not found
Most of the times, more than a drone issue, this one comes because of the location issue. If you are flying the quadcopter inside and not getting any signal, you should go outside and see the signal strength. Below are a few important points that you have to look at that might help in avoiding the No GPS Signal not found the issue.
- Signals get distracted when there is any magnetic field around the drone. This might happen because of any metal object, electric wires or Mobile towers. So, make sure when you are taking off, these hurdles are not nearby, it might cause the other connectivity issue as well.
- If you are flying the drone with WIFI, then you have to disable the Bluetooth in your device. It might help.
- You can also try connecting through GPS. The micro USB Port is given at the bottom of the drone. For more information, you can watch the below video which will help you in understanding this problem and its solution.
6- DJI Spark not turning on
This is a very rare issue. But still, you could be a victim, you never know. Firstly, if you are a beginner, and flying it for the very first time then you should know how to turn it ON. Press the power button and long press second time. It will take a few seconds and then you’ll see the battery lights start blinking.
If you just want to see the battery level, then you can press the button once and see the number of lights blinking. Make sure that battery is fully charged before you take it off. If still, the Spark is not turning off, then visit the local DJI Service center. If there is no DJI Center nearby, you can ask your question on DJI Forum.
7- DJI spark no video feed
Sometimes, when you open the Application, you might not be able to see the Live feed on the device. This might happen mainly because of the WIFI issue. The first thing that you have to check that the drone is connected to your device. If WIFI connection is fine, then next thing you can cross check is the camera settings. Put the camera setting in Auto Mode. If still, it is not working, you can try below-mentioned things, and we hope one of them works for you.
- If the camera is in Auto Mode and still it’s not working. You can reset the camera settings through the APP, that might help.
- As a lot of updates happen with the app. Make sure you have the latest updated application. You can try uninstalling and installing it back. It might work.
- Make sure; the quadcopter has the solid green light that means that drone is connected to the controller. If it’s not solid green, you can restart the quad and connect again.
8- DJI spark not working with otg cable
You might also see the problem with OTG cable sometimes. There have been a lot of posts recently on the DJI Forum regarding this. The first and very important thing, only use the cord that comes with the DJI kit. If you are using some different OTG Card, you might face the issue in some cases. If the spark lights are not solid green, there is some issue; you might have to restart the drone. Below are the simple steps that you have to follow to make the OTG Cable connection.
- Firstly, you need to connect the micro USB with your device then power the remote controller by pressing the button.
- Then, Switch ON the spark by pressing and long pressing the power button the second time.
- Once the connection is made with spark, you can connect OTG micro to the remote controller.
- Launch the DJI GO 4 App; once you see the live feed, you are ready to take it off. For more information about OTG cable setup, watch the below video till End.
9- DJI Spark gimbal not working | Overload Fix | Gyroscope Error
This is a very common issue that comes because of the gimbal. Sometimes, gimbal won’t work, sometimes, it will give you overload fix error, and there could also be the chance of gyroscope error. So, firstly you have to understand what is the actual problem that you are facing, whether it’s tilted on one side, or it’s moving to and fro, or on the screen you are getting some error. So, below are some of the possible solutions and might help in resolving the problem.
- If you see the overload error, then, in that case, a check is there any debris on the gimbal which is causing the load. Sometimes, any particle might get stuck in between and hinder the camera movement.
- The gimbal in spark only turns 85 degrees. So, get confused with it. It won’t align vertically upside down.
- If there is no real hindrance. Then you can do the gimbal calibration which will help to have the proper alignment.
- If this is your first flight and you see some glitches in the drone, then probably you have received a faulty product. You can ask for the replacement. DJI Support is quick to respond.
10- DJI Spark fly away to take off issue
This is the issue that got the headlines. This was reported by a lot of users, and DJI accepted their fault. Users complained that the drone would start flying away uncontrollably and few cases it also got crashed. People also added once the drone flies away, they also lost the signals and drone got disoriented. This issue can be caused by some of the below hinderance problems.
- Don’t fly the drone nearby to metal, (Cars and trucks). Also, make sure there is no high tension wire or telephone tower nearby.
- Watch out for the GPS or Compass related warnings on the Screen.
- For better control, use the Remote Controller than the mobile itself.
After receiving dozens of complaints, DJI responded mentioning that safety and reliability is their top priority. After this, the DJI did some firmware update ask its users to update the application, and thereafter this fly away issue got vanished.
11- DJI spark face recognition not working
Spark also has gesture control and face recognition feature as well. I will say that spark recognition is not very accurate and precise. So, you will see some glitches now and then. Sometimes, it will recognize your face quickly while sometimes it will take a bit longer duration. If you are wearing glasses or too many people in the background, or low light condition can also be the cause of the drone not recognizing your face. In face recognition, it will follow you wherever you go. You can also try gesture control method, below are the steps that you can follow.
- Launching the drone by using your palm is fun. The first thing that you have to hold the drone at arm’s length from your face.
- Make sure that the drone camera is facing you. Then double click the button on the back side of the drone.
- When you see the front lights become green, you can release the drone, and it will take off.
- The once the drone is in flight, raise your hand, keeping the palm straight, and once the light goes green, then you can control the drone by your palm.